Twelve

Emily's POV

Waking up next to Zach almost felt unreal. I looked over at him still sound asleep with an arm extended towards me. His eyes opened slightly and I grinned. "Goodmorning mon cherie," I whispered.

Zach smiled sleepily as he looked at me. "Hey baby."

There was a knock at the door and I sat up. "Come in."

Daniel opened the door and walked in. He looked stressed but I had no idea why. "Nicole and Carly are waiting for you in the driveway."

"I'll be right down," I said as I got up.

Daniel closed the door as I hurried to my closet to find something to wear. I'd almost forgotten about the wedding we were supposed to be attending. I found my favorite grey dress that I usually wore to weddings and put it on. "Can you zip me up?"

Zach got up and came behind me. I felt his lips brush against my neck before he zipped up my dress. I kissed his cheek as I went to find a hairbrush. I grabbed my bag and ran to the car. Nicole smiled through the rearview mirror. "You never get late. What's going on?"

I blushed as I looked out the window. "Zach asked me to be his girlfriend."

"And then?" Carly asked, turning to me.

I explained everything about the date, not daring to leave out one detail. When I'd finished Carly's eyes were wide. "What made you late?"

"Zach and I... we...um," I stuttered.

Nicole laughed as she turned onto the highway. "It's about damn time."

Jonah's POV

When I got to work this morning Gordon was smirking at me. I frowned as I went to my post. I was barely there for five minutes before Carson walked over to me. "Hey buddy, Mr. Walton wants to speak to you." 

I followed the older man into the house. "Any idea about what it is?" 

Carson shook his head as he opened the door to the hall. "He seemed really angry." 

I thought I was going to be sick. He'd found out everything. I should've quit while I was ahead. He wouldn't shoot me here, would he? Anything was possible. My thoughts were interrupted as Carson opened the office door. He bowed before leaving the room. I stood in front of the desk. "Yes sir?" 

"You're part of the people who took my daughter away from me," he snapped as he rose to his feet. 

I knew I was getting fired anyway. What I said didn't matter anymore. I nodded as I rose to my full height. "The daughter that you're plotting against?" 

"Excuse me?" Arthur snapped. 

I shook my head. He was really going to try and play innocent with me. "You claimed to protect your daughter. You had this perfect man to date her. Everything was going according to plan. Then we met Emily at that party and your plan was unraveling. Daniel was the one who scared Terrence away. If you were a real father you would've protected her. You would never let her get hurt." 

"She's my child. I love her," Arthur yelled. 

I knew I was getting under his skin. "What father plots to kill his own child? Her picture was on your hitlist. When she started falling for Zach you panicked because you knew he could easily pull her in. We protect her. You did nothing. Terrence beat her up. He might've killed her but Daniel and Zach stepped in." 

"How dare you," Arthur hissed. 

Time to hit the nail on the head I guess. "Okay then. When are you going to tell her?" 

"Tell her what?" Arthur stuttered. 

"Andre is Emily's twin isn't she,"  I snapped. "You were about to kill him because he was going to tell Emily, but then somehow he disappeared." 

"How..." Arthur asked. 

He really thought we were that stupid. "It wasn't hard. Aside from gender, those two look exactly the same. Green eyes, black hair, slight jawline. We all knew right away." 

"Does Emily know?" Arthur stuttered. 

"We haven't figured out how to tell her yet," I replied with a smirk before setting down my badge. "I get to keep the jacket right? Bye Arthur." 

I got into my car and sped out of the compound. I was getting close to Carly's neighborhood. I parked a few neighborhoods away and ran into her area. I found the back door unlocked and made my way in as quietly as possible. Everything seemed pretty normal. I made my way into the basement. Seemed like a pretty standard storage area, until I opened a door to a different room. It was a weapons room. I thought I was going to pass out. Carly was in the mafia too and who knew what side she was on. What was worse was that Emily tells her friends everything. I hurried upstairs into Carly's room and locked the door. I pulled out a hard drive and put it into her computer. Once I managed to hack into it I copied all her files onto my drive. I turned the laptop off and went to her closet. Nothing of interest was there. I checked desk drawers and under her bed. Nothing. I ran downstairs and out the door. I was barely gone before Carly's parents pulled into the driveway. I was just praying Emily hadn't shared too much with her, knowing how deadly this could be for the rest of us. Especially if she worked with her father.