Fourteen

Daniel stood in front of Corbyn straightening his tie. Corbyn explained the plan to get into the exclusive event and find the money they knew they deserved. Daniel handed Corbyn a gun and tucked the knife into his waistband. "You don't kill them then I'll have to kill you. Is that clear?"

"I'll only kill if I have to," Corbyn muttered as he pushed past Daniel. "We'll be found out by everyone if we kill at random."

Zach stood in front of the mirror doing his tie when he felt Emily kiss his neck. He laughed softly as he turned towards her. "Later my love. I need to go."

Emily's lowered her eyes and Zach frowned. "Stay safe Zach. I love you. You could get hurt."

"I have to do this. I'll be back soon mon cherie," Zach whispered as he kissed Emily.

Corbyn parked in the huge driveway and they got out. They were in awe at what the mansion looked like. It was grey with a blue door and blue shutters. As they entered there was silver and gold everywhere. Zach and Corbyn handed in their invitations and the guards let them through. "How are things with you and Emily?"

Zach smiled as he accepted the horderves offered to him. "Pretty good."

The boys split up as they interacted with several guests as they searched for the host of the party. A girl walked up to Zach and kissed his cheek. "Hey lover boy."

"Don't call me that," Zach muttered as he pulled away.

The girl ran a hands over Zach's shoulders. "Zach, I'm willing to make things work," she whispered.

Getting caught in the moment Zach rested his head on the girl's shoulder. The girl smiled. "What do you say?"

Realizing what he was doing Zach quickly pulled away. "No. I can't do this. Liyah, I have a girlfriend."

Liyah rolled her eyes as she walked away. "We'll see about that."

Zach was about to go after her when he saw Corbyn give him the signal it was time to go. He ran down the hall where he met Corbyn at the basement door. "Which way?"

"Safes in this house are usually upstairs in the bedroom. It is possible it could be in the basement," Zach asked as he looked up the stairs. "Let's try up here first."

The boys ran up the stairs and began searching through the bedrooms. It didn't take long to find the safe. Zach guarded the door as Corbyn stood outside of the room keeping watch as Zach tried to figure out how to break into the safe. It didn't take long and Zach pulled out stacks of hundred dollar bills. "Help me pack this into the bag."

They finished packing just as the door opened. Zach pulled out his gun and fired without thinking. "Start moving," he yelled as he ran down the hall.

Gunshots began ringing through the house as the guards realized what had happened. Corbyn shot the nearby guard as they ran downstairs. A gunshot rang out and Zach collapsed as a bullet struck just below his collarbone. He grabbed his knife and threw it at the armed guard hitting him squarely in the chest. Corbyn grabbed the knife as he ran out the door and to the car with Zach stumbling after him.

Emily sped down the road to Nicole's after hearing that Carly and some guards were attacking her. She swerved into the driveway and jumped out, grabbing her knife. She burst into the room to hear screaming coming from the kitchen. Emily ran into the room and pulled Carly off of Nicole. She threw the girl into the wall before slashing a guard's chest. Nicole ran to her. "Are you hurt?"

"My shoulder, but otherwise no," Nicole stuttered as she hid behind Emily.

"Okay," Emily said with relief as she wrestled with a guard who had come towards her.

Emily remembered a move she'd seen Jonah do. She hoped it would work for her. She punched the guard and moved out of his grip, managing to grab his gun in the process. A guard came up behind her punching her in the face but she somehow managed to stab him with her knife even with that awkward angle. A gunshot rang out and she felt the bullet strike her leg. She shot him in the back and led Nicole out the door. "You have to drive. I can't," she stuttered as she got a blanket to stop the bleeding.

Jack hurried to the door when he saw Emily stumble in. "What the hell?"

"Jack, I killed three people," she mumbled.

Jack took her into his arms. "Don't worry about that now. Let's get your leg fixed up first. I see an exit wound so it's pretty straightforward."

Pain shot through her leg and she nodded. "Yeah, that would be good."

A few minutes later Emily was laying on the couch with a pillow to prop up her leg as they asked her what had happened. They had barely started the conversation when Zach collapsed at the entrance. Emily sat up. "What happened?"

Corbyn placed a bloody towel back on Zach's collarbone. "We need to get the bullet out. The money is in the car."

Jack got up to go to the car while Daniel stayed next to Emily. He felt protective since she'd been shot. Jonah got Zach to his feet and led him upstairs to their medbay.

It didn't take long for them to get the bullet out and stitch up the wound. Corbyn led Zach to sit with Emily on the couch. Daniel was in the kitchen for almost an hour counting up the money to make sure they'd gotten the right amount. "Come get your share. You too Emily. You're part of it."

Emily tried to stand up and almost collapse instantly. "Jo," she whimpered.

Jonah carried her into the kitchen and sat her on one of the barstools. Zach's eyes widened. "My love, what happened?"

"I'll tell you later," Emily replied as she looked eagerly at the bag of money.

Daniel laughed as he counted out half a million dollars. "You'll get your share. Corbyn this is yours."

Corbyn counted it up and nodded as he left the room. Next came Zach then Jonah then Jack. Daniel finally handed Emily her stack. "Don't put it all in the bank at once or it'll look suspicious."