Five

Emily's POV

I sat at the table with my friends and Zach talking about summer plans when one of our favorite songs came on. After some karaoke and dancing, Zach led me to my car. He let me in before getting in the driver's seat. "Beach?" he asked.

I nodded as I pushed my hair back. Zach didn't move as he kept looking at me. "What?" I asked with a small grin.

"Terrence didn't realize what he had," Zach muttered as he turned on the car. "That's his loss."

Blushing, I put my hand on his leg. I'd never seen Zach look at me the way he'd just done. He was always serious, it was rare to see him smile. He talked but never told you about himself. Seeing him act like this was adorable but unusual. He was more relaxed around me when the others weren't there which was interesting. I brushed the thoughts out of my mind and decided to just enjoy the night. We arrived at the beach and Zach helped me out of the car. He leaned into the car and turned the radio up. "This is one of my favorites," I said excitedly. "How did you know?"

"I asked your dad," Zach replied. "He just told me the name of the song he heard coming from your room most often. May I have this dance?"

I nodded as I rested my head on his shoulder. He moved slowly making sure I felt comfortable. He spun me around and we almost fell, bursting into laughter as we stumbled against the car. This seemed to go on for hours. We looked at the clock. "It's one in the morning," I laughed.

"But a weekend," Zach murmured resting his head in the crook of my neck.

We stood there for a few minutes until it began to get a little cold. Zach helped me into the car and handed me a blanket that I used to keep in the backseat for Terrence. I leaned against Zach, getting tired the longer we sat there. He turned on the car and began driving towards my house.

Jonah's POV

Her dad deserves what he gets. She may be naive but everyone who is against her dad has a right to hate him. The things he's done. The pain he's caused. I stood in the living room thinking about what to do. I really wanted to end the mission. I couldn't hurt Emily by hurting her father. I remembered the day we almost lost Daniel. It was a week after his family was killed. I gritted my teeth as I remembered finding Daniel in his room. I pulled out my laptop and edited the photo to look like a screenshot from messages. Corbyn walked in and leaned over my shoulder. "Taking it to her when we see her?"

I shook my head as I downloaded my edit to my phone. "I'm sending it to her tomorrow."

Zach walked into the house with a smile I'd never seen from him before. He unbuttoned and untucked his shirt. "What happened? Did you get laid?"

"He wishes," Daniel laughed as he walked into the room.

Zach took undid his sleeves as laughed. "It was just a good night. Did you guys find anything?"

"Emily is on her dad's hit list," I sighed showing him the photo we took.

Jack ran into the room. The look on his face scared me. He set down his laptop and showed us an article. "I think Emily's involved with the mafia. She seems to have worked with Terrence. He must've double-crossed her. The deal somehow went wrong during that party. Which means she could know who we are. What do we do?"

A smile formed on Daniel's face and I shook my head. "We're not killing her Seavey."

"That's not what I was thinking," Daniel replied as he led us down to the basement which was basically our weapons room. "Carl, or Terrence as you know him, still hasn't gotten what he wants from her or her family. We can use her to lure him in."

Zach shook his head as he picked a knife from the wall. "We're not using her as a pawn. Keep him away from her or I swear to God I'll kill you."

Daniel put his hands up in surrender. "Fine."