Two

Emily's POV

I was out at the ice cream parlor with some of my best friends when I noticed three boys who looked to be around the age of seniors in high school walk in. They wore all black and kept their hoods up. They sat three tables away from us and began having a conversation among themselves. I didn't think much of it. I was too busy thinking about the new guards we had at our house. When I looked at my watch I realized it was nearly five. "Guys, I have to go. Anyone need a ride home?" I asked.

Nicole stood up. "I need to go to."

"You really have to tell your dad to let you out of the house for the party tonight. You're seventeen. You're almost a senior. You should do whatever the hell you want," Carly said as she sipped her milkshake.

I rolled my eyes as I searched for my keys. "I know. He's just so strict and controlling. It's almost impossible to persuade him and I don't want any of the guards coming with me."

"Babe, I want to be with you at the party and we all know Terrence wants to see you there. Come on," Mia pleaded.

"Okay. I'll tell him. I really have to go. I'll be enough trouble as it is," I sighed and ran to my car with Nicole.

After dropping Nicole off, I began heading in the direction of home, thinking about how I could convince my dad to let me go to the party without any of the guards coming with me. It was a rule since my dad got himself into trouble that our whole family had to be home by four thirty which was an hour after school ended for me. I hated that rule. Just because he turned people against him, he thought he could control me. I pulled up to my gate where Mr. Besson and Mr. Marais opened it and I drove to the garage. I got out of the car. "Good afternoon."

"Good afternoon," was the only response I got from them.

I shrugged it off and walked inside to where my dad would be. His office as always. My dad looked up at me with a death stare. "Where have you been?"

"I"m sorry," I stammered. "I was at the ice cream parlor with my friends and we lost track of time."

Dad sighed as he took off his glasses. "I'm getting sick and tired of these shenanigans," he snapped as Mr. Besson and Mr. Marais walked in, I'm assuming at his request.

"You know what daddy, I was considering asking you for permission to go out tonight but I'm tired of dealing with you. I'm going to a party with my friends and Terrence," I snapped picking up my backpack.

"Terrence?" Daddy bellowed, rising to his feet.

I noticed Jonah taking a protective step towards me. Was he being protective? None of our other guards had looked that way when dad yelled at me. "Yes. Terrence is my boyfriend and I'm going to a party with him and my friends."

"Do you not understand that I'm protecting you? Any time you go out it's a risk. You could end up getting killed.

"Yeah, because of mistakes you've made. I'm not going to continue being trapped here," I yelled and stormed past the guards to the door. "Mr. Marais, come to the hallway while I get dressed. I don't trust my dad."

"Yes ma'am," Mr. Marais replied following me.

Mr. Besson headed back towards the gate since at least one guard needed to be at the gate in case anyone came.

Zach's POV

I put on my usual black tank top with a pair of magenta tye-dye jeans and my black belt with matching magenta Nike Jordans. I ran downstairs where Daniel was choosing between two jackets. "Which one Herron?" he sighed.

"With that shirt?" I asked looking at his blue t-shirt. "Definitely the grey one."

He put it on with a pair of black Jordans. Apparently, we were all trying to look rich to attract the rich girl. We were rich but we never dressed like it. We rarely wore our name-brand clothes so this was almost like a special occasion for us.