Twenty-six

⚠TRIGGER WARNING. TORTURE METHODS USED⚠ I haven't figured out how severe the methods will be yet so if this triggers you please don't read the first POV. I also had to change the rating to mature because it's required if it has strong descriptions of violence. But anyways enjoy. 

No One's POV

Zach was dragged into a large room that had no windows. The two huge lights on the roof were the only source of light. Zach felt himself being tied to a post and tried to fight back. He felt his shirt being torn off. He tried to raise his head and was kicked in the mouth. "Where's Emily?" a familiar voice asked. 

Zach couldn't place the voice. Who was talking to him? Who was Emily? He knew that name. The person laughed as he kicked Zach in the ribs. "Emily's your girlfriend. You're protecting her." 

He didn't speak. He wished Daniel was there. He'd been told he was dead. He was kicked in the ribs, interrupting his thought process. "Where's Emily? Who all is protecting her?" 

Zach remained silent. He wasn't about to let her get killed. The memories were fuzzy, but he now remembered Emily. He was kicked in the mouth again and he immediately tasted blood. He refused to answer as he lowered his head. A pain Zach had never felt before shot through his back and he immediately felt blood running across him. What the hell was that? Something was scraping over his back. He screamed as it happened again. "Want to start answering questions?" the man asked. 

"Go fuck yourself," Zach growled. 

He felt metal digging into his back and screamed as he felt his back being torn up. He still wasn't going to answer. He would protect Emily with his life. He spat blood out of his mouth and winced. 

The wounds on Daniel's back stung every time he moved. He could no longer walk. A guard had helped break his left ankle for trying to run earlier. He was tied to the usual post and asked the usual questions. He refused to answer. Mostly because he didn't remember much. The one time he needed Corbyn, he wasn't there. The white torture had been meant to disorient them before the real questioning began. 

He felt spikes digging into his back and winced. He refused to scream, though the pain was excruciating. His nails dug into the wood post and blood ran down his hands as the wood cut into his hands. He noticed spikes in the post and let out a low growl. He was kicked in the ribs and winced. "I didn't even say anything," he snapped. 

"Don't use that tone," the man yelled. 

Daniel screamed as boiling water was poured onto his wounds. Tears and sweat stung his eyes. He couldn't stop shaking as he was pulled to his feet. He was lead down the hall and thrown into his room. It was no longer the white room but the humming noise was still there. It didn't bother him. He didn't care anymore. 

Corbyn's POV

I sat on the floor with my laptop, using my tracker, just in case they had used Daniel's car to escape. It wasn't working. I groaned as I got my car keys. "Em, you want to help scout the woods near your cabin with me?" 

Emily nodded as she followed me downstairs. I pulled out of the driveway and we headed in that direction when I noticed Arthur walking through the grocery store parking lot. Emily gritted her teeth as we continued driving. It didn't take long to reach the cabin. We got out and began looking around. There was nothing there. We kept looking. I pulled my gun out, just in case someone came after us. It wasn't uncommon for the mafia leaders to hang around looking for their victims. "Look, that's Zach's beanie." 

I went over to wear Emily was standing and picked it up. "Let's keep going." 

We found Daniel's watch and my hoodie which he'd been wearing the day they disappeared. They were too clean. I sniffed the hoodie and shook my head. "This is a rabbit trail Emily." 

"What?" Emily asked. 

"If this hoodie had been out here for as long as Daniel and Zach were gone it would be filthy. Same for Zach's beanie. They're perfectly clean. As if they were just removed recently," I explained. 

"What do we do?" Emily asked me as she put the beanie on. 

I grinned as I looked at her. "First of all, you look adorable with it. And I have no idea what we're going to do." 

My phone rang and I picked it up. It was Daniel's number. I showed it to Emily and she shook her head. "Don't answer it." 

We continued walking, when Emily's phone rang. It was Zach's number. She put it in her pocket and we got in the car. Her phone rang again and she finally answered it. "What the hell do you want? We know this isn't Zach." 

Emily turned the phone on speaker as I pulled over. There was a scream on the other end of the line. I knew that scream. It was Daniel. I'd never heard him in so much pain. The line went silent for a moment before another scream sounded. It was Zach. What was going on? "Emily." 

She didn't reply. I took the phone out of her hand and looked her in the eyes. "We have to talk to Eben. This is more complicated than we think." 

Before Emily could reply, a young man ran to us and began banging on the door. I recognized him as Andre and let him in. "What is going on?" 

"I found Arthur's lair. I just escaped but they're after me," Andre replied. 

I sped down the dirt road, not wanting an altercation with Arthur's gang. Emily turned to her brother. "Are Zach and Daniel there?" 

Andre shook his head as Emily gave him a tissue for his nosebleed. "They aren't there and I have no idea where they would be."