~Blunder (Pt. 2)~ (DoHoon)

Pairing- Park Jihoon and Kim Doyoung.
Plot- Continuation of 'Blunder'(DoKyu)

(A lot of you asked for a part 2 with Doyoung's happy ending, so here it is😊)

An amusement park date, an over said tale of two persons who should be in love- turned out to be a tragic tale for both Doyoung and Junkyu. The much-anticipated kiss in the ferries wheel ride when it reached the peak never happened between them. Instead, a heartbreak was witnessed by all who cared. And as they decided, their paths truly became separate from then on.

And who was there to know this first? Doyoung wanted that to be none, because he decided to keep the truth to himself only. People would judge his loving Junkyu hyung otherwise, without knowing that Junkyu never broke the deal. It was solely his own decision. He couldn’t be greedy. He was well aware of the love that Junkyu never returned.

But Doyoung was human too. And the pain he felt afterwards felt too much for him to hold inside anymore. Even his own milky white body had the sign of Junkyu’s lips on them, maybe faded away- but it reminded him of everything he’d been going through for the past few weeks. And he couldn’t take it anymore.

So, he approached the same person who saved him again and again.

Jihoon stood up to open the door after hearing a small knock. He saw Doyoung with an unreadable face.

“Doyoungie?” he asked as he let the boy enter inside. Jihoon closed the door from the inside.

Doyoung quietly sat down on Jihoon’s bed. He was still processing how to say what he wanted to.

“Is everything alright? You look a bit devastated.” Jihoon carefully asked. After the incident in Junkyu’s room in that cursed night, Jihoon became extra protective of Doyoung.

Doyoung looked at Jihoon. The elder had a concerned look on his face. Suddenly, Doyoung felt lucky to have Jihoon in his life; someone he knew would always be there for him.

“Did you know that Junkyu hyung was trying to force himself to love me back?” Doyoung asked. Jihoon looked a bit nervous. Of course, he knew. In fact, he was the one who gave Junkyu the idea.

“Yeah...” Jihoon spoke.

“It didn’t work.” Doyoung said in a small voice. Jihoon immediately looked enraged.

“What did that idiot do again?”
Doyoung immediately responded, “No no no, it was me! I told him to let me go.”

Jihoon looked confused from being mad in a split second, “Why?”

“Hyung, he wouldn’t ever be able to love me. Don’t you see, he loves Mashiho hyung just as much as I love him.” Doyoung sounded desperate, “And it just hurts me every time when I see him pitying me!”

Jihoon took in the words. Doyoung was suffering, not because of his failure in love; he was struggling in between holding on and letting go. But the process only hurt him. And it pushed him to the point he decided to fall into abyss, letting go of what mattered the most to him.

“Are you... sure? I mean, would you be able to move on?” Jihoon carefully asked. Doyoung shrugged while sighing deeply, “I don’t know, hyung.”

Jihoon understood. So, he took the younger in a hug, “It’s okay to be sad now, Doyoungie. I'm here for you, okay? I'll help you.”

Doyoung held back for a long time, since the last time he saw Junkyu. But something in the hug just comforted him, made him feel like it was indeed okay to be sad, to cry his pain away. And so, he let his tears fall on Jihoon’s shirt as he wept like a kid, breaking Jihoon’s heart into pieces.