6: Complicated Appliances

Ochako pulled her brown hair into a messy bun and put on a large hoodie. It was fairly cold outside, considering summer was in its closing window and fall was beginning. She put on a pair of black circle glasses and peered through the glass.

Her mother told her to wear these whenever she was on her phone. They were supposed to be glasses that protected her eyes from the blue light. Whatever the hell blue light was.

Ochako picked up her phone off the bedside table and stood up. She had finally found 'Sweet and Sour' online. With the help of Mina, she finally found it on Wattpad, which was free. Now she could go outside and actually read this without someone noticing the title. Which would be less in conspicuous than lugging around a black book. 

The brunette mouth was parched. Water would surely wash the feeling away. Ochako also felt a bit snack-ish, so she figured that it was good timing. She picked up her phone and walked out, holding her phone in her hand, reading as she walked down the hall. 

His lips were tantalizing. I just needed more. 

More of his touch. More of his lips on mine. More of his skin on mine. 

I just needed him. 

"Fuck off, stupid. I'm not in the mood." Mason said, pressing buttons on the remote. I walked behind him and narrowed my eyes. 

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked. 

"The stupid TV won't turn on." Mason complained, pressing his finger harder on the buttons. "FUCKING HELL!" 

This could go on forever, and I loved to see him upset, but eventually this would get tiring. I walked over to the TV, bending over and grabbing a cable. 

"I told you, I'm not in the mood." He grumbled, hearing his rapid clicking getting louder. 

I rolled my eyes and connect the cable into the outlet. "Idiot, the stupid thing wasn't plugged in."

"Hey, Uraraka!" Kirishima waved. 

Ochako pressed a button on the side of her phone, powering her phone down for the time being. That's what she thought, at least. "Hey, Kirishima. Where're you headed?" She asked, tucking her phone in her hoodie pocket. 

"Just down to the kitchen," Kirishima started, walking straight down the hall next to the brunette. He leaned closer to Ochako and started to whisper. "Bakugo's cooking in the kitchen and Mina said that he's getting mad because the oven isn't working. He doesn't know that it's not on."

Ochako chuckled. "That seems a lot like Bakugo." She said, covering her mouth with the sleeve of her hoodie, making her laughs into mumbles. 

The redhead and the brunette walked in silence for a little before... "So... new look?" Kirishima said, attempting to start up a conversation.

Ochako looked at the redhead, looking at him in her peripheral vision. "Yeah. Mina and I went shopping over the break. She bought me a ton of new clothes and I thought I would try them. They really match me, don't you think?" 

"Ah. Mina's fashion sense is amazing, isn't it?" Kirishima said, tipping his head back so he was looking at the ceiling with a dazed look. "She's amazing."

Ochako looked at his expression. His head seemed to be in the stars. It was obvious what he felt about Mina. Kirishima would do anything to make her happy. It was all in the details.

During the time that Ochako saw them together, the redhead would always surprise her with little things, like candies that she loved or wearing an accessory of hers so that a part of her was always with him. The way that he would hug her from behind. 

"You're really in love with her, aren't you?" The brunette said, tipping her head to the left, looking at Kirishima who was to her right. "You want to know something? She loves you too."

Kirishima lowered his head. "You think?"  He mumbled, putting his hand under his chin. 

"Trust me, I-"

"Shitty oven!" They heard a familiar shout come from the kitchen. Kirishima dashed down the hall, a wide smile on his face. 

Ochako immediately started running after him. "Wait for me, Kirishima!" She shouted, waving a hand in the air. The brunette sped up, stopping when she saw an angry blonde standing near the oven. 

"WHY WON'T THIS WORK?" Bakugo yelled, pounding his fist on the top of the oven. If he had cared to notice, he would see that the light that says 'ON' was turned off. 

Mina stifled a laugh, pointing her phone at an angry Bakugo. The redhead sneaked up behind her, surprising her with a hug. She giggled as he set her down, moving his hands up and resting his arms on her shoulders, watching as the scene unfolded. 

The blonde kicked the oven angrily, yelling, "FUCKING HELL!" He turned the knob on the oven and put a hand over the top, feeling to see if it was heating up. "THIS THING IS FUCKING BROKEN!" 

Kirishima broke out into a fit of laughter, leaning his head on the pink girl's shoulder. "SHUT UP, SHITTY HAIR!" Bakugo yelled, turning around and moving his anger from the oven to the redhead laughing into his girlfriends shoulder. 

Ochako sighed. This would go on forever and his yelling would only annoy everyone else. She walked over to the oven behind the angered blonde and examined the oven. 

It was a fairly easy appliance to use. The on button was right next to the knob he just turned. The brunette turned the knobs back to off and then pressed the button that said on. The light came to life, the green light flashing before it stayed. 

"Bakugo, the oven wasn't on." Ochako said, turning her head and pointing to the clearly stated 'ON' light with her thumb. 

The blonde spun around, his anger ceasing. "What?" Bakugo said, pushing the brunette out of the way roughly. 

"Way to ruin the fun, Uraraka. At least I got 7 minutes of that." Mina laughed, leaning her head back into the redhead's chest. 

"Shit." Bakugo muttered under his breath. How could he not notice that? Probably because Mina kept laughing at him while recording. He ran a hand through his hair and leaned his hands on the oven. 

Ochako simply smiled. "You're welcome, Bakugo!" She smiled happily.

The blonde scoffed at her. "Shut up."