9: Thank You's are Rare

No one had ever seen the blonde ever apologize, nevertheless say the sacred words, 'thank you'. Whenever he knocked someone down, he'd simply retort something like, "Out of my way, extra." or "Check your eyes, dumbass." If someone gave him something, he'd just grunt or complain that it wasn't what he wanted. 

But maybe it was Kirishima's constant pestering or maybe because he felt that he needed to thank her. Just a simple thank you, nothing really that big. That's what Kirishima said. Of course, the shitty haired bastard would keep complaining and whining to him until he did it. And finally, he caved.

Not because he actually wanted to do it; just because he knew that pretty soon the whining and complaining would spread to Kaminari, Mina, Jirou and Sero.

Bakugo wasn't really sure why he was making such a big deal of it; he didn't owe her anything, in fact. But here he was, his knuckles rapping against the wooden door. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and waited in front of her door. 

Ochako heard gentle knocking on the door, not expecting anyone. Who could it be? It was most likely Mina or one of the other girls. She held her book in her hands as she walked to the door. It was fairly early in the morning, it was just lucky for Bakugo that she was awake during the time. 

Or unlucky. Whichever one he felt. He never thought he'd been so nervous to thank to someone. He was Katsuki Bakugo, for god's sake. Well in his defense, he never actually said the words 'thank you' to anyone. 

'Thank you' wasn't really something that was common in his house. His house was filled with insults and yelling, not really they type of household that was loving and considerate, much less to say 'thank you'. 

His father had always been the quiet type, and before Bakugo was born, they were a normal couple, except for Mitsuki basically being the dominant one in the couple. But when Bakugo was born, it completely changed into an aggressive household with constant yelling. 

But that didn't matter right now. 

The brunette opened the door slowly, getting a peek of Bakugo's spiky blonde hair. It was strange enough that someone was at her door this early in the morning, but it was even stranger that the blonde walking bomb was there. "Bakugo?" Ochako asked, opening the door fully. 

Bakugo grumbled under his breath in frustration. God. Talk, Katsuki, TALK! "I just... wanted to say thank you. You know, for helping me with the oven and the bench." He mumbled, avoiding any eye contact with her at all. Looking her in the eye would be too hard to do when everyone Bakugo knew knew that he never said thank you.

Ochako blinked a couple of times before what he said sunk in. Thank you? Mr. Lord Explosion Murder... said thank you? The Katsuki Bakugo? The man who calls everyone he doesn't know 'extras'? The man who beat her ass in the sports festival and didn't say sorry for absolutely pummeling her?

"Thank you for that. I appreciate it, but honestly, its nothing." The brunette smiled graciously and looked at his eyes. The blonde could feel her eyes on her. He bit back the urge to look back at her. "I was just being helpful. In fact, if I let any of that go any longer then you would just piss everyone else off."

Ochako laughed, closing her eyes and smiling, clutching the book to her chest. The man in front of her looked at her, taking the chance to look at her while her eyes were closed. Her laugh is really... uh... what's the word... nice...?

She was wearing a crop top with a pair of sweatpants, holding a book to her side. Her face was perfectly framed with her long bangs, her other hair pulled into a ponytail. Her face is really cute. Shit. No. Fuck no. 

"Whatever, Round Face." Bakugo scoffed, pushing back his feelings. NO! NOT FEELINGS! FUCK! "It's not like it was a big deal or anything." 

The brunette opened her eyes and placed a smirk on her face. "Then why'd you apologize if it wasn't a big deal, Explody?" She teased, pressing a finger against his chest accusingly. 

Bakugo grabbed the hand that was on his chest and grabbed it, swatting her hand away. He knew the real reason that he was apoplogizing, but maybe for the wrong reasons. "Shitty Hair would keep pestering me, along with Pikachu and Flat Face." He grumbled, stuffing his hands in his pockets again. "Don't call me Explody."

"Then don't call me Round Face." Ochako argued back, putting her finger back on his chest. He frowned and groaned a little under her breath.

"Stop touching me."

"Stop calling me Round Face."

"No."

"Then I'll just keep poking you."

"Stop it!"

"NO!" 

"Fine then!" Bakugo snatched the book out of her hands and held it up above her head tauntingly. He stuck his tongue out. "I'll take your stupid ass book!"

"Stupid." Ochako grumbled, taking her hands off his chest. She looked above her head. She needed to get the damn book back. If he read that thing... damn. Maybe just asking for it would work? "Can I have my book back now? Please?" 

The blonde lowered his hand and held out the book in his hand. "Fine. Don't get why people are so invested in books anyways." Bakugo muttered, letting the book slip out of his grasp and back into the hands of the brunette. She sighed in relief and put her hands on the cover.

"Well, thank you for the thank you." Ochako said. She felt like a thank you for the thank you was in order. Maybe it was just spur of the moment, but at that moment... she wasn't really sure herself what was running through her mind. 

The brunette put a finger under his chin and...