10: Embarrassed

Her lips gently came in contact with his surprisingly soft skin and gently kissed his cheek. "You're welcome, Bakugo."

-

Bakugo was laid down on his bed, arm slinged across his face and his face completely red. His vision was blocked by his arm. That was good. He couldn't face anyone right now as long as he was in this state. Flushed and embarrassed.

He had never felt this way. It was a bit stupid for him, actually. The last time his face was this heated was when he was sick. And that was about 7 years ago. Since then he'd taken real good care of his body and never got sick since then. 

But this was a different feeling.  

His hand gently moved to his cheek by instinct. Ochako had... kissed him...? Not on the lips, but on the cheek. It wasn't much, but it had a impact on him. More than she realized.

~

"You're welcome, Bakugo." Ochako said, pulling away from his face. She immediately realized what she had done and immediately started to apologize, rambling on and on.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Bakugo! I d-didn't mean to! I-i just... I don't know! I couldn't think of another way, and I just did it!" The brunette asked, backing away and bumping into her laundry basket. She toppled over, falling onto her butt, covered with her laundry. 

Bakugo didn't even notice his breathing had cut off. He wasn't breathing for the time being. His hearing was cut off and whatever shit that she was rambling, he couldn't hear anything that she was saying. It just processed in his head, over and over again. "It's fine. Just try not to do it again." The blonde said, stuffing his hands in his pockets and turning on his heel, walking away. 

At this point he didn't really care if he left Ochako distressed, confused, sad, angry or any other feelings that she had. He just couldn't afford for her to see him like this, absolutely embarrassed by her gentle touch. 

~

Gentle rapping at the door was heard throughout the room. "Go away." Bakugo said dully, not even bothering to lift his arm off his eyes to look at the door. 

"Bakugo, we're coming in!" Kirishima barged in, pushing the door to the side with all his might. The door might've been locked, but literally nothing could stop him when he was in Indestructible mode. "Dude, what the he... elll..." 

The redhead's talking became drawn out at the sight of a certain blonde laying on his bed, his face flushed to core and his body sprawled out across the bed. "Dude, are you sure that's Bakugo?" Sero said, peeking his head over Kirishima's shoulder and looking at Bakugo. 

"Yeah." The electric bolt looked around the room, then stopping to look at Bakugo. "It's Bakugo. Dude, get up. You said we were going to spar."

The blonde turned to his side so that he was facing the wall, away from his so-called 'friends'. Or whatever you wanted to call them. Supporters? He wasn't really sure himself. 

"Not in the mood." Bakugo grumbled, tucking his legs in. "We can spar in a little. Maybe an hour." 

Kaminari walked up behind the blonde and grabbed his shirt, clutching the fabric between his hands. He started to move his hands quickly, shaking his whole body and making Bakugo angry. "Get up! I want to watch you pummel Sero!" Kaminari shouted, using all the force that he could possibly muster to shake him back to life. 

"HEY!" Sero yelled, clenching his fists at his side. "I'm not that bad!" 

"SHUT UP, PIKACHU!" Bakugo shouted, turning to face them. There was an angry glint in his eyes. "I'LL BE OUT IN 1 HOUR!" 

Kirishima glanced over at Sero. "What is that on his face? Is that like, pink in his cheeks? Is he blushing?" Sero asked, mumbling into the redhead's ear and pointing at his face 

The blonde immediately sat up, thrusting his hand out to the right and smacking Kaminari in the head. The electric bolt fell to the floor on his ass, hissing at the pain in his tailbone. "Shit, man!" He complained.

"What are you guys talking about, you shit heads?" Bakugo shouted, ignoring the in-pain blonde on the floor. "You're talking about me, aren't you?"

Sero chuckled and stifled a laugh. "Your face." He said, laughing and tipping his head back, pointing his face. He was laughing his ass off, pointing at him with a hilarious look on his face.

"What about my face?" The blonde shot back, clenching his fists at his sides. He pointed an accusing finger at Sero. "You're face isn't that well either!"

Kirishima laughed and leaned his head against Sero's shoulder. "You were blushing!" The redhead glanced at Bakugo again and immediately dissolved into a fit of laughter. "You still... hah! ARE!" 

"SHUT UP!" Bakugo shouted, using his anger to get rid of any emotions that he had. Of course, he didn't want them to find out what happened. If they found out something that little made him flush, then he would die from all the teasing. 

The redhead slowly stopped laughing, along with Sero. "You're... hah. Blushing, you fuck." Kirishima said, chuckling in mid sentence. "What made you blush? Did Uraraka kiss you or something?" 

Of course, Kirishima was only teasing. But once he saw Bakugo immediately freeze up, he immediately knew that something was a little suspicious. The redhead's face dropped as he looked at his facial expression. The room had suddenly went quiet as the three of them looked at the blonde. 

"Did... Uraraka kiss you?" Sero asked, a genuine concerned look on his face. "Dude. Is that why you were flushed?"

Bakugo's face immediately dropped as he looked away from them, a frown taking over his face. "No." He fibbed. 

"You're lying~" Kaminari teased, using his hands to help him stand up, swaying from side to side. "I can tell." 

"Shut. Up." The blonde demanded, tipping his head back and glaring at Kaminari intently, a maniacal smile on his face. He raised a hand in front of his own face. His hand began to make little crackles of explosions on the palm of his hand. "Watashi wa anata o koroshimasu.(I'll kill you)" 

"Oh! So something is up with you guys!" Kirishima chimed in, raising a hand. He pulled out his phone and showed them both a video. It wasn't playing but Bakugo could clearly see him and Ochako in front of him. "Don't worry, Mina filmed it." 

"WHAT?" They all screamed at Kirishima. The blonde grabbed the phone out of his hands and pressed play, watching the video. 

"You're welcome, Bakugo." Ochako retracted her head and smiled gently. 

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I-"

Bakugo turned off the phone and threw it to the redhead. "So what?" He murmured, hiding his face from all of them. The blonde heard the video playing again and clenched his fists.

He didn't know why this bothered him so much. After they came back from the summer break, he noticed a change in Ochako. She was much more confident in herself and in her power. She learned how to control her Quirk more so that she could fully control where the levitated items could go. 

She learned how to fight back to people that were rude to her, such as him, and Bakugo noticed a substantial increase in her self-esteem, showing more of her body off and being more confident when using her Quirk. 

"Ugh... this book is going to be the fucking end of me... if he read that... whatever."

The familiar voice of Ochako rang through his ears. The book? The one that he took from her for a brief second? If I read that? What would've happened if I read that? 

Eventually the curiosity got the better of Bakugo. He could handle the endless tormenting from Shitty Hair, Pikachu and Flat Face, but this nagging feeling about the book that she had... it just kept bothering him. 

What was so bad about that book?