19: Spreading Around

Why'd I call her? Why? Why? 

A million thoughts were running through the blondes head. He should be focused on the video game right now, or his idiotic friends laughing at each other for beating up each other in GTA, but his mind was somewhere else.

"Why'd you run me over?" Kaminari complained, elbowing Kirishima.

The redhead laughed it off and elbowed him right back. "Sero ran you over. It's not my fault that you were being a dumbass and standing in the middle of the road."

"I was trying to find my gun!" Kaminari argued back, punching him in the arm.

Kirishima took it seriously and glared at him. "Don't punch me, you idiot!"

"Stupid bastard!"

"Idiotic phone charger!"

"Always-hard bitch!"

Kaminari jumped on Kirishima, calling him profanities and pushing him onto the ground. The redhead's hair flew everywhere as he deflected his shots. Sero was laughing at them, the controller slipping out of his hands as he laughed hysterically at them.

The male stopped laughing for a moment to look at Bakugo. "Dude, why aren't you laughing, this is hilarious!" He said in between chuckles, trying his best to keep his composure but ultimately failing.

"Got some stuff on my mind, Sero." Kaminari and Kirishima immediately stopped fighting with each other and turned their heads to Bakugo. The blonde arched an eyebrow. "What?"

"You called Sero by his actual name." Kirishima said slowly, letting the words sink in.

Bakugo rolled his eyes.

"So?"

"What do you mean, so?"

"Dude, you literally called me by my actual name."

"What's the big deal?"

"You're hiding something from us. You never call any of us by our actual names."

"Yeah I do."

"Shitty Hair, Pikachu, Flat Face, Alien, Round Face, Deku, do you want me to go on?"

"Whatever dude."

Kirishima stood up and put his face in front of the blonde's. "No, no. Something is seriously wrong. What the fuck has been up with you lately?" He asked, moving his head away from Bakugo. "Like y- wait up. Mina's texting me."

Bakugo rolled his eyes and watched as Kirishima left the room, holding the speaker of his phone up to his ear. Kaminari waved a hand in front of Bakugo's face and frowned. "Something is seriously wrong with Bakugo."

The redhead walked back into the room, in a dazed state. "Uh... Bakugo. Could you leave the room for a second?" Kirishima asked, nodding his head to the door.

"Whatever." Bakugo stood up and stuffed his hands in his pockets, brushing shoulders against Kirishima as he walked out.

The redhead locked the door behind him and immediately sat next to Kaminari. "I know why he's been acting weird. Look at these messages."

ochamochi: oh, chill out with the nicknames explody

katbkugo: stop calling me explody

ochamochi: well you must like the nickname because you keep calling me round face when I ask you not to

katbkugo: you can call me explody as long as I can keep calling you round face and cheeks and pink cheeks

katbkugo: besides, it's cute when you flush when I say that

"Are you sure that's BAKUGO?" Kaminari asked, empathizing on 'Bakugo'.

Kirishima nodded vigorously. "Absolutely positive. This text was sent when he was dazed off when we were playing GTA."

~

"I'm going to run you over again~" Sero teased as he drove his car down the street, aiming for Kaminari.

The electric bolt growled. "Stop running m- HEY!" Kaminari shouted, dropping his controller on the ground and tackling Sero.

"Dude, I'm going to run him over." Kirishima said, aiming for the car stopped in the middle of the road. "Bakugo, wanna pile on?"

The blonde was on his phone, texting someone. It bothered Kirishima a little just because Bakugo normally never EVER was texting anyone else.

"Bakugo." Kirishima repeated.

Bakugo snapped up and threw his phone to the side. "Sorry. Just texting someone."

~

"So we're absolutely positive that he was texting Uraraka?" Sero asked again in a hushed tone.

Kaminari nodded at him. "Listen to this video Mina was able to get." The redhead said, putting his phone in the middle of the small circle, pressing play.

"Bakugo? What are you doing up so late?" The brunette's voice was in a low murmur.

"Ah, shit. I knew this was a bad idea." He mumbled over the phone. "Nevermind, Round Face."

"No, no its okay. I was staying up late to celebrate something anyways." Ochako said.

"Oh good. I thought that I woke you up." Bakugo sighed in relief. "I just wanted to say happy birthday."

"Look at Mr. Lord Explosion Murder here. Caring about people's feelings." Ochako joked. "I can't believe you're the guy that beat me up during the sports festival."

"Yeah... sorry about that. Really. You must've gotten really hurt." Bakugo mumbled into the phone.

"Did you just say, 'I'm sorry?'" Ochako said.

"Don't say sorry. It's not you. It just feels unnatural." She murmured into the phone. "Don't say sorry."

"Sorry about that." Ochako laughed as she heard slightly shuffling. "Fuck. Sorry. No. FUCKING HELL! Sorry fo- SHIT!"

"KATSUKI BAKUGO SHUT UP!" A woman's voice rang through the phone.

She could hear Bakugo fuming. "SHUT UP OLD HAG!"

"Anyways... I just wanted to say happy birthday."

"Well thank you, Bakugo. I appreciate it." Ochako said.

"No problem."

"You're kidding right? No way that that's Bakugo." Sero said, pointing at the phone and looking at Kirishima. "Well, it definitely sounds like him. And Uraraka said Bakugo."

Kaminari put both of his hands on his face and dragged them down. "Fuck. This is so not like him. So does he like Uraraka? I-"

"Are you extras gonna open up? I need to check my phone." Bakugo yelled from the other side of the door, his fist pounding at the door.

The redhead immediately closed out of the tab and grabbed his controller, doing it all at once. Kaminari stood up and unlocked the door for Bakugo, the male bursting in and heading towards his phone. "Dude, maybe some manners?" Kaminari retorted, rolling his eyes and walking back to his controller.

"Thank you." Bakugo said sarcastically, flopping his body on his bed. At that moment, Kirishima, Kaminari's and Sero's phone beeped.

Bakugo sat up and looked at them. They all looked at each other with the same look on their face.

We're screwed.

A/N: its going to go fast for some of the next chapters but dw it'll be worth it ;)