8 | Clumsy

London peered through the small peep hole that was located at the upper half of the oak wood door. You eyed him cautiously, observing his facial expressions.

You kind of over-gassed yourself to be Professor Mcgonagall's 'favorite' student despite London giving you questionable stares as to how a Slytherin had claimed that slot. But now that you knew you were near the same radius as the green-gowned professor, you had to admit, it was scary.

"Is it fine to knock? I mean it's obvious but still..."

He took a step back, breathing in and out before looking your way and nodding. It felt as if you and London were on a secretive mission.

One last glance from him and then you knocked on the door.

"Yes, come in." Professor Mcgonagall had paused her sentence mid-way to which it wasn't muffled but crystal clear.

London acting as a gentleman that he was, opened the door for you with a smirk on his face. Waiting for you to walk in the classroom first. Of course, it was nice having someone appreciate you but not like this. Not in front of everyone. It was absolutely humiliating.

"Ahem, care to explain?" Professor Mcgonagall eyed you up and down and then towards London. You tried your best not to make eye contact with the students who had seemed to have taken their eyes off their books. You try clearing your throat, now suddenly feeling parched.

"Sorry Professor Mcgonagall, some things had to be sorted." London stepped up. You were relieved you had him.

Professor Mcgonagall gave him a questioning stare to which he responded by leaning in towards her ear. Whispering something. Her eyes widened as she stared at you for a moment, giving you time to breathe properly. "I see. Sorry my dear. Please have a seat."

You and London walked towards the back were two empty seats remained perfectly aligned.

Quickly adapting to the quiet classroom, you turned to face London with a confused expression. But he wasn't paying attention to you. You groan lightly. What on Earth did he tell Mcgonagall?

London knew you were desperate to know because he felt your shoes kick his calves multiple times during the lesson, but he faced the front and dipped his quill in ink, writing notes. Not letting your mini tantrum disrupt his study time.

"Nerd." You muttered out of frustration.

The class ended abruptly and you decided to pester London during free time.

"Reminder class, tomorrow we will be transfiguring animals into objects. Please read chapter 33-40 of your designated books for preparation." Professor Mcgonagall voiced out loud as everyone packed their belongings away, wanting to rush out already.

You peered over your shoulder to observe London chuckling with one of his best mates, Nathan Piers. You stood up, making your way towards the exit until you were stopped by Professor Mcgonagall. "Miss L/N, may I have a word?" She asked, you knew there was only one response regardless of your choice.

"Sure."

London had jogged up beside you now, waving his friend who eyed you with a curious glance and friendly smile to which you returned.

"Miss L/N, London told me about your situation." She looked at London for affirmation, he only nodded slightly. Professor Mcgonagall gulped nervously.

"Having serious headaches is a bad sign in the Wizarding world, Y/N." She whispered. Your eyes widened slightly.

That bastard, out of all excuses he had to give the most frightening one.

But it was fair enough. London didn't know about your situation. About joining the dark side. Heck— he didn't even know that telling Professor Mcgonagall about the headaches would cause alarms to go off in her head.