36 | Recovery and despair

The winds whirled overhead, and the breeze in your hair was unsettling to say the least. Away from the catastrophic thunderstorms you were, but you still stood tense. Accompanied by your friends.

"Y/N you're a loser."

"I know."

"Not only are you a loser, but a complete idiot too."
London's voice became muffled as his warm wrath engulfed you. He did not dare let go of the hug because he thought he would lose you so suddenly. Your arms were wrapped around his neck whilst his holding you tightly by the waist.

London and Louise found your flying carriage when it had landed nearby their own. Succumbed with distress but they approached you with relieved faces. An insight of the aftermath of your unruly experiences.

Louise stood and watched as you clutched onto London, tighter. Uncomfortable demeanour, yet a shy smile formed on her face. You clutched Severus's cloak with your spare hand.

"Yeah hi, I'm glad you're safe." Louise rubbed your shoulder, a small gesture of support you leaned into.

London let go of the hug and stepped back.

"What happened?" He asked curiously, his eyes scanned your red wrists, purple bruises accompany your body and miniature cuts and scars attached  still fresh on your flesh. "Hey—you're hurt." He frowned.

"Bellatrix and the Malfoy's tried to capture me for Voldemorts plans and I met a house elf by the name of Dobby. He was kind. He helped me." You nervously rubbed the aching wrists, feeling inferior by their stern gazes scrutinising each part of your body.

"Dobby? I've heard about him. Certainly. The Malfoy's pet as they like to place it. I'm dumbfounded as to why he helped when he knew little about you." Louise bit her nail. "Still, why would he try to betray his own masters?"

"Perhaps it was Draco's doing." London chimed in. "The one I always thought to be a massive dirtbag."

You nudge London's shoulder. He gave you a nonchalant glance and you shook your head. "Remember. We aren't together anymore." His eyes widened upon realisation, he nods as if he knew the relationship was not stable to begin with. That, you could agree on.

"He was such a creep. I don't know what you guys are on about." Louise dismissed the relationship with the swatting of her hand.

"It doesn't matter anymore, I have much more important things to consider like Dobby. I'm sure house elves receive punishment? I mean...Dobby said he would have to hurt himself if he mentioned anything confidential." You folded your arms, ruminating.

"My mark was burning too, but I didn't go because I knew it wasn't safe." Louise added. "And I wanted to go with London but now that you are here...I'm contemplative."

The stillness of the air caused you to shiver, it was strangely calm.

"I'm glad he helped you. Regardless, I'm happy to see you. Really." London went back to hugging you, this time his wrath almost squeezing the guts out of you.

"I can't breathe, Don!"

"Oh, right." He chuckled, letting go of his wrath, but it was more from relief. "And whose cloak are you wearing?"

"It belongs to Snape." You admitted, expecting judgemental looks to arise on their faces—but it did not. They did not seem to mind at all.

He ruffled his hair. "I see. Well, I missed you. Sorry for associating you with such vile words. You didn't deserve that." He frowned, regretting his previous actions. "And I can't believe Marissa would ever betray us like that...it's just—"