38 | Escape

[ please note: I am well aware of horcruxes and how they all need to be destroyed to end Voldemort's life—but for the sake of the romantic plot, they don't exist :) AND I KNOW I KEEP SHIFTING TENSES, sorry, I'll try to fix them upon completion. Also, I'm a perfectionist and always critique everything about my book. I'm not proud of it but not disappointed either. All I want is for Severus simps to unite and feel his warmth.]

"You are in no means smart to make such intrusive commands." Voldemort's eyes darted to you and then back at Severus who tried to keep his eyes from dozing off.

"I said, stay away!"

The slit nosed man strode closer toward you, with no hesitance. A daring glint portray in his eyes as he whipped out your wand.

"Hush little girl, because the second I utter the word, you shall rest beneath my feet like the useless mortal that you are." Cocking his head up in amusement, his neck and collarbones were wet from the sweat he had accumulated prior.

You ignored his vile words, even at your defence, your psyche tried to come up with a plan, anything to keep him out of your stead.

The only sane thing you could do now was buy time.

"That's my wand, so give it back."

"Too bad. It is in my hands now and I shall forbid you to exist in my presence, such a foolish girl." He hissed. And you could not do anything about it.

A snake you knew to be Nagini roamed around his body, caging him in place and its mouth leaked of crimson blood. The same redness that had stained the skin of Severus's neck. Severus whimpered softly and instinctively, you held his head closer.

"Leave me..." Severus's whispered, trying his best to protect you from the shallowness of the dark lord. Your head shot downwards to look at him with pity. But you stay still, waiting for Tom to make any move you could potentially block.

"Never, Sev."

As you clutch onto Don's wand, heartbeat rummaging your cage, there was an extra flair of rage behind the whites of your eyes.

"Avada Kedavra!" He spat.

"STUPEFY!" You blocked hastily, it missed your head and struck the back of the wall causing it to crash. You gasp as the glass shattered everywhere, piercing your skin as it fell into shards of tiny glass. Your back arched inwards and you tried to protect Severus's body with your own.

He winced as you apply accidental pressure onto his fresh wounds but you did not let his pain disturb your determination.

"How dare you!" Tom's face contorted with anger, his eyebrows raised and his lips parted, ready to pronounce the unforgivable curse again.

"Expelliarmus!" Someone shouted, to your aid.

Before you could react, you found a familiar dark haired girl exert, her posture standing tall and firm and you recognise her with widened eyes.

The wand in Tom's hand flew backwards and his jaw clenched as he brutality threw Nagini off his flesh, he ran towards the wand, his footing lagging more than usual.

"Louise! Get back!"

She turned to give you an aggravated look, as Tom grunted, he silently gestured for Nagini to attack her.

"I'm trying to help you dumbass! Get out of here—"

The snake as vicious as ever bounced upwards in a rapid motion, its fangs were out and sharp, almost touching Spencer's leg before she shot another counter spell their way.