xii. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, from her home, was the one of a Sun Summoner. A beautiful creature of Grisha, different from all coming to rescue them for a tragic fate.

The story starts with a girl alone in Ravka, growing up to slave away into a house she did not grow up in. But, due to unfortunate events, she ends up discovering her abilities and makes the quest to save the entirety of the world.

Dara did not know what Grisha were, only that the Sun Summoner is one. As she grew older, Dara resented the child's book since she was still locked away into her house of hell.

Young Dara use to sit by her window, and wait for this hero-like Sun Summoner to come save her from the clutches of her father, but she never came.

But, now, here stands Dara, older, educated well, and completely holding her breath.

It's dark, Alina then using her abilities to conjure one sphere of light, Dara's breath being let go rustlingly as she smiles immediately.

Dara could never show her abilities, but the mere fact that Alina Starkov's existence is true could save Grisha from all around⏤ people with powers just like her's.

Alina moves the sphere of light into the middle, making it to shine brighter, as they then explode, Dara needing to slightly cover her eyes.

Dara has never felt this beyond emotion of happiness ever since she realized she finally escaped the muscular arms of her father for good.

A sad comparison, but a true one. She did not realize she was in tears until the lights come back on and she composes herself, wiping her tears and fixing her make-up quickly.

The lights come back on, multiple people repeating 'Sankta Alina,' as they all bow to the floor, and Dara could not help, but join them as she places her fingers to her head to then her chest and she bows.

Standing back up, she looks to Inej who is always in tears, smiling as she nods, Dara nodding back.

Both lightly circle the middle of their chests, a graduate of symbol they only use in venerable positions of overwhelming feeling.

Dara has a bit of time before the dinner, in which she will need to meet Kaz by the doors in order to follow them out. And so, she does what she does best, go wandering around.

Dara never finds herself using her mind as much as her heart when walking into unknown places, after all, she had a spear, which is currently still strapped to her thigh, and her abilities.

Wandering with the heart finds her in the most dangerous situations, yet the most revealing.

Dara finds herself in a library, looking around the high shelves preoccupied with books of all sorts. She places her glass down, scanning her fingers softly along the books until she finds one already out.