ix. 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵

⏤ 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴

⏤ 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴

"𝑲𝒂𝒛 𝑩𝒓𝒆𝒌𝒌𝒆𝒓!"

Kaz sighs, throwing his paperwork onto the desk as he turns to his door, his door to his office, and in comes Dara Leovolt.

At this point, she does not even knock which, Kaz will admit, it quite amusing when the other's do not dare to go ten feet of his door.

"Hey, Dara?"

Dara places a bag onto the desk, taking out two small package wrapped belongings. She then throws the bag behind her, Kaz raising a brow as Dara looks to him with a cheeky smile.

"I went exploring⏤"

"With a companion I hope?"

Kaz gets his answer when Dara continues to unwrap the packaging.

"Dara"

Dara sighs, "I am alright, Kaz. See," she picks up an arm, "one piece."

Kaz does not speak although he is desperately wanting to wanting to correct her for her safety, but Kaz has found himself growing soft to the wonderer.

He fears he will grow too soft.

Finally, Kaz, although mastered his facial expressions as if a merchant's manipulation was child's work, his heart speaks differently than his face, it warming at the thought.

Strawberry cremes.

Jordie used to make them.

"I found strawberry cremes!"

He was too in fond with her reaction to shush her volume of voice, sighing as he swallows. He has never been one to thank anyone, rather more show any time of vulnerability.

In Kaz's mind: emotion equals vulnerability and that equals a quick and painful death...or life.

Dara digs in, Kaz looking to his black gloves as he looks to Dara, her eyes sparkling over a pastry as Kaz sighs. He slowly removes the gloves, shaking slightly, but the moment he gets them off he looks to Dara.

She is simply looking at him, crumbs falling from her chin with the biggest child-like eyes ever.

Dara swallows her food, "are you going to eat it, for if you aren't I will gladly do you the pleasure."

And that is the moment Kaz Brekker looks too Dara in a slightly interesting way. He does not know how, but he tilts his head, figuring out he knew almost close to nothing, but this child and yet here he is, eating cake with her.

Kaz picks up the cake, eating it as they both eat in silence, Kaz keeping his eyes to Dara who softly uses her abilities to conjure a blue butterfly.