xi. 𝘣𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳

𝐓𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭.

Today is the day they grab the million-kruge dollar package.

Today is the day where it could all go right or wrong.

Today is the day Dara truly wishes she had Jesper's unusual addiction running through his veins when he is on a high due to risk, but no. Her's is quite the opposite and Dara cannot decide whether she wants to faint or vomit.

None are pretty options.

Dara, after going into town to grab supplies, enters palace grounds by hiding in as a guard next to Kaz, both splitting ways, but not before Dara and Kaz whispers, "no mourners."

"No funerals." Dara is the only one to say that part of the emotional line.

After a day of looking around the palace grounds, searching for hidden exits and watching the rotations lock into place, Dara headed back to the wagon the stage performers came in.

And then, Jesper drops a figuratively bomb, "I'm telling you. She's part Shu."

"When exactly did you see her?" Kaz questions.

"Just after midday."

Inej points to a part of the map, "what's in this room?"

"Fitting room," Kaz answers, "it's where she'll go to change for dinner."

Arken then inputs his statement, as if he is now part of the Dregs, "and that's where we'll go grab her."

Dara could not help, but glance to Kaz next to her as he tightens his cane once again. Kaz could see her glance, looking down to her as she gives him a soft eyebrow raise, his breathing calming to a stable condition once more.

"Out of the way, clean lines of sight, easily controlled space. I like it." Jesper tilts his head, leaning back.

"I'd like it, too, if it had a door," Kaz reveals, Jesper's shoulder's sagging as for they had been hit with another stone in their path.

"It doesn't have a door?" Inej looks tired...poor girl.

"Not one that we can use," Dara interjects, "It's some sort of Grisha lock that took a Materialnik to open it. There isn't even a door placement or frame of any kind."

"Is there no way to pick the lock?" Jesper inquisitions.

Dara tilts her head, glaring to Jesper in confusion, "did you not hear the no doorway nor doorframe?"

Jesper raises his hands up, "just asking," he visibly cringes, jokingly as Dara rolls her eyes.

"Actually, there is. I can get through the door."