x. 𝘧𝘫𝘦𝘳𝘥𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘴𝘵

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞: Inej gets the prints, Jesper makes sure no one sees Inej gets the prints, Kaz allows himself to blend in, in order for nothing to go wrong as Inej gets the prints, and Dara is once again on babysitting duty for Jesper.

She cannot pinpoint the reason Kaz does not put as much faith in Jesper⏤ or maybe I am the one putting too much faith.

There is a line between what is achievable and what is too hopeful. Dara does not know when she has crossed that line until she is in that predicament.

It's not too hopeful to go looking for her father, but is it too hopeless to assume Kaz can change. Why does Dara want him to change? Maybe it is because she wants a reason to stay with the boy she grew up with, but as time goes on, she is only making excuses for the boy who once was.

Dara wants Kaz to change, because then she has a reason to stay by his side. Has a reason not to leave as Inej does, but as time continues, out of Ketterdam, Dara is only seeing signs in which she should take off.

Although she has never had to cross the Fold to get to Ketterdam, she knows she is able to with her abilities. She could manipulate light for it is in touch with reality. If Kaz knew what, would he turn her in at the price for one million kruge?

Dara does not want to think Kaz would say yes, but in reality, no matter how many times Kaz has surprised her, it does not outweigh the times Kaz is the same man who controls the Barrel with disturbing manipulation.

Kaz had gone earlier, to allow Inej to later on see the exact location of the blueprints without spending too much time looking for them. Dara, Jesper, and Inej all tried to hold in their laughs when Kaz came out of his room with a painters disguise, Jesper needing to leave, but all heard him burst out into laughter down the hallway that echos.

Dara now leans against the wall near the building, waiting for the two hour mark after sunset with Jesper right next to her.

"Dara?" Jesper toys with his hardware

"Hm?"

"What can you do?"

Dara looks from her fingers to Jesper with a raised eyebrow. She knew Kaz would knock him over the head with a sentence like that, Jesper immediately shrinking in, "please don't telll Kaz."

Dara chuckles lightly, "I won't." Dara has never told Jesper nor Inej, Kaz always leading the topic away and so it became common knowledge not to bring it up what-so-ever. But, since the show in the Fold, Dara knew they would start to ask.

The Wonderer sighs, "I can⏤" she does not know whether to tell the truth or only half, "I can manipulate reality...to an extent."

Jesper raises a brow, Dara looking back to her fingers as she tries to ground herself in order to comfortably control what she posses. And so enough, another Jesper stands in front of the original, Jesper looking to it with so much admiration.