Chapter 24- Someones Following

Laurens POV:
2weeks later

I sat up in bed when I heard Ethan start crying. I threw the blankets off of me and walked over to his crib. I bent down and picked him up. I held him tightly in my arms and started rocking him.

I looked over at Daryl who was sleeping peacefully not awaken by Ethan's cries. He rolled over and started feeling around my side of the bed. After a moment he opened his eyes a little and looked at me.

"What are you doing?" He said in his husky morning voice

"Ethan woke up. Go back to sleep I'll be back in bed once he falls asleep."

"M'kay." He said sleepily and rolled back over

I sighed and continued to rock Ethan. Trying to get him yo go back to sleep. I walked over to the bedroom window and looked out of it. It was still very dark outside. I started thinking over the events of the last two weeks.

I had to talk to Rick about Ethan and luckily he let him stay. I mean he is only a baby but he could still put us in a lot of danger. The group went on another run and got caught in a store with walkers but no one was injured.

Luckily neither Daryl or I were apart of that group. I have been staying in a and taking care of Ethan and Daryl has been keeping watch and helping Rick with things around the house.

Ethan finally feelasleep so I layed him down in his crib and I climbed back into bed. I pulled the covers back over me and layed my head on the pillows. Daryl must have felt me lay back down in bed because he turned over and wrapped his arms around me. I snuggled close to his chest and drifted back to sleep to the sound of his heart beat and his snores.

I woke up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I looked over to the window and saw some sun streaming through the curtains. The bed was empty so that means Daryl was already out on watch or downstairs helping Rick. I stretched and threw the covers off of my. I got out of bed and went over to check on Ethan but he wasn't there.

I started to panic a little but I tried to convince myself that Daryl had him. I rushed to pull on my jean shorts, black crop top, and boots. I ran out of the room and down the stairs. I rushed past Maggie and she called out to me.

"Why are you running?" Maggie yelled

"Ethan isn't in his crib. Have you seen Daryl?"

"In the kitchen.....with Ethan. Calm down Lauren." She said and she laughed a little

"Oh okay. I just got a little freaked out. Ya know I'm new at this and I just don't wan-"

"-I know L, calm down." She was still laughing a little

"Alright I'm going down stairs."

"You might want to fix your hair and um put yours clothes on right side out." She laughed harder and I looked down.

"Um yeah I'll just go do that."

I turned and went back to my room. I put my hair up in a messy bun and turned my shirt right side out. Then I went down stairs for the second time this morning. When I walked into the living room I heard people say "good morning" and "Hey Lauren". I waved politely and continued walking to the main room we had set as the council room. I walked in and saw that Daryl and Rick were talking and Daryl had Ethan in his arms.

As soon as Ethan saw me he smiled and started reaching over Daryl's shoulder. He was cooing and he was drooling down his chin. Daryl noticed his excitement and turned around to face me. He smiled and stood up to hand Ethan to me.

"Hey." Daryl said

"Hey. What are you guys working on?" I asked Daryl and Rick as I take Ethan into my arms.

"We think someone's been following us." Rick says with a serious face.

A/N- omg hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever! I know its short but I'll be updating again with in the next couples of days and it will be longer!! Hope you guys like it!!!!!

**please vote & comment"*