Chapter 16~ Make Me

Daryls POV:

I sat outside Laurens door listening to everything. That was her story not a made up story. And she was crying why in the world was she crying? I just wanted to run in there and hold her but I can't. It's my fault because I let her go. She told me she loved me and I let her walk out the stupid door. The day she left I cried and I'll never admit it to anyone. I loved her since the day she came with that bruise on her face.

I saw how scared she was by the look in her eyes. But when she was with me that look was gone, covered up by happiness. I missed her so much. More than I would ever like to admit. I kept thinking on this subject. Thinking back to old times and just remanicing. Then Laurens door opened and Carl walked out.

"What are you doing here?" he asked quietly.

"Uh nothin you should probably get to your room before your mom starts to worry."

"Goodnight Daryl!"

I didn't respond just nodded my head. He walked down the hall to the stairs and I got off the floor. I walked into my room and layed in the bed. I pulled the blanket over me and fell into a restless sleep.

*Next Day*

I woke up still feeling tired. I wanted to just lay there for the rest of the day but I needed to see if Rick needed help with anything. And we needed to make sure to keep this place safe.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs into the living room. People were sitting around talking while others were preparing some food for us to eat. I looked over and saw Lauren talking to Carl and Alex. They were getting close and it was nice to see her getting along with them so well. I always knew she had a soft spot for kids.

I walked over to Rick and Merle who were standing farther away from everyone and having their own conversation.

"Hey guys." I said

"Just in time. We were just talking about who to put on gaurd shifts and maybe have a team of people to run and get supplies?" Rick said

"That sounds good. So we just need to decide who does what." Merle said

"Yeah sounds good." I kept my reply short

We talked it over for a while and we decided who would do what. Rick decided that he would announce who would do what over breakfeast. After the food was dished out Rick stood up.

"Okay everyone we've decided that we are going to put people on shifts to gaurd the front gate and we are going to have a team that will make runs for supplies when needed."

( I'm to lazy to write it all out so I'll just make a list)  

Shifts for gaurding-

1: Rick&Shane

2:Carol&TDog

3:Gleen&Maggie

4:Lori&Andrea

5:Merle&Dale

6:Daryl&Lauren

Team for supply runs-

Daryl, Merle, Lauren, Shane, Carol, TDog

Rick finished and everyone was okay with what they had. Rick and Shane went out to watch the gate so Daryl took the oppurtunity to go out and hunt. Something he hadn't done in a while because he was so busy with other things. But before he left Rick called out to him.

"Daryl! Could you take Lauren with you. She's really good at hunting. I'm sure you'd enjoy the company."

"Yeah sure whatever." I really just wanted to be alone.

"Great Laurens getting her stuff and she'll be down. She wanted to go out but I told her she would have to go with someone else. Since last time she got attacked by a walker." a worried look crossed his face.

"She what?" I couldn't belive that I hadn't know but he had.

"She got attacked and if it wasn't for Maggie she wouldn't be here."

"Oh okay um I'm just gonna go wait for her then." I turned and walked away and saw Lauren leaning against the fence.

"Let's go. Gotta be back before dark." I said and we left.

Laurens POV:

I had a feeling that going hunting with Daryl wouldn't end well. He would always criticize the way I did things. Especially when he first started teaching me how. The memories are still etched in my brain. Standing out from all of my bad memories for example one's of my father.

"Will ya quit daydreming and watch yer step!" Daryl hisses at me quietly.

"Gosh what crawled up yer butt and died!?"

"Will ya just shut up and focus!" he hisses back at me.

Oh my lord we've been gone for twenty minutes and we're already arguing. We really can't get along can we?

"There ya go again! Will ya focus!?"

"Will you shut your mouth!?" I yell

"Don't ya dare raise your voice Lauren." he says suddenly calm.

"Don't tell me what to do! You lost that privilege a long time ago Daryl Dixon!" I yelled louder than the first time.

"Just shut up already women!" he yelled back just as loud.

"How about you make me Dixon!"

"Watch me!" he walked closer to me.

"I'd like to see you try!"

Then something happened that I never thought would happen again.

A/N- Hello my lovely readers! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. I know it's kind of short but I was kind of stuck on what to do. Any ways Merry Christmas!

**please vote & comment**