Chapter 9~ A New Home

A week later:

Laurens POV:

We've been driving non stop trying to find a new place to live. We've stopped once or twice at a random house to look for food but that's it. Right now we're on the side of the road stopped because everyone wanted to stretch.

"Hey Lauren!" Carl said from beside me.

"Hey Carl!" I mimicked his tone.

"Are you okay? You've just been standing there staring into space."

"Yeah I'm just thinking kiddo. I'm okay."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Guys come on we're leaving!" someone yelled to us.

"Lets go Carl, hey whats wrong?"

"Nothing, I just don't want to get back in the car. It's so stuffy in there I don't like it."

"Oh Carl I'm sorry. I don't like it either but we gotta get moving."

"Its okay, it's not your fault."

"Alright bud let's go! Race ya to the car!" as soon as I said that I was running.

"Not fair L!" That's what Carl's started calling me. I think it's adorable!

We both start running to our car and then I run into someone. I fly backwards and land hard on my butt. I hear someone laughing so I open my eyes and look up. I see Daryl standing there in shock and Carl on  the ground laughing at us.

"What's so funny Carl?" I want to know what's so funny about Monte falling.

"Y-you f-fell!" He said laughing so hard he was in tears.

"So me getting hurt is funny?" I say in a hurt tone. But I'm perfectly fine.

"Y-yes!" he's still laughing really hard.

"Are ya okay?" Daryl asks and he offers me his hand.

"I'm fine." I take his hand, stand up and brush myself off.

"I'm going hunting." he turns on his heels and walks off into the woods.

"That was weird." Carl says from bedside me. I guess he finally stopped laughing.

"You have no idea." I sigh.

Daryls POV:

All of those old feelings I used to have are coming back. She won't know because she hates me but I would hate me too. I let her go. I didn't even try and stop her. I wonder what would have happened if I would've went after her?

I just need to stop thinking about it because she already told me to stop talking to her. No, I have to tell her. Right? If you live someone you should tell them? No. No you shouldn't. Just focus on hunting and staying alive.

I finish hunting and I only got four squirrels. I start walking down a path just to see if I can catch anything else. I keep walking until I come through to a clearing. I stop for a second and look around. I think I see something in the distance so I walk towards it. It takes me a minute to to walk closer and see what it is.

Our new home.

Secret persons POV:

They haven't even noticed me following them. I guess that's a good thing. Poor things aren't even gonna know what hit em.

A/N-  Cliffhanger!! sorry it's taking me forever to update! I'm really trying too work faster but I'm having really bad writers block. Anyways I'm starting the next chapter right now so hopefully it doesn't take me a week to finish.

*Don't forget to comment & vote*

P.s. dose anyone know how to like dedicate a chapter to someone? Sorry i have no idea figured one of you guys would know? Thanks!!!