Chapter 14~ Photographs

Laurens POV:

I woke up to someone knocking on my door. I yelled for them to come in and Merle walked in. What in the world is he doing here?

"What do you want?" I asked

"Now princess don't act like that. I just wanted to make sure you were okay, you've been gone since lastnight."

"I'm fine. See look alive and breathing."

"Yeah I guess you are. So I um wanted to ask ya somethin."

"Yeah what's up?" I patted the bed next to me. This must be something important because he never wants to talk.

"What happened after those first seven months?"

"W-what are you talking about?" I know exactly what he's talking about but I don't wanna talk about it.

"After you moved. You stayed in contact for a while but then you just fell off the face of the earth. I called your brother and he said you were depressed and that you moved out after a year. That ya stopped talkin to everyone. Why?"

"Why do you think!? Your brother crushed me. That's why, I loved him and he just............. He just let me go." I whispered the last part. I felt tears form in my eyes.

"Maybe you should just go." I look at Merle and he just nods his head and walks out.

I wipe my tears away because theres no need for them. I change out my dirty clothes into cleaner ones. I pick up my bow (picture on side) and strap my knife to my leg. I've decided that I'm going to go out and look around maybe hunt some squirrels.

I walk out of my room and down the stairs to the front door. I walk over to the gates and stop to talk to rick.

"I'm going out but I'll be back soon."

"Gonna take someone with ya?"

"No I'll be alright on my own and I'm not going to go far. I'll be back before dark."

"Okay just please be safe and make sure you come back!"

I walk out of the gates and to the woods. It's nice to get out and away from everyone so I can clear my head and think.

Daryls POV: (back to lastnight)

Once everything was moved into the house

I went to go pick out a room. I walked up to the second story and picked the second to last room in the hallway. I opened the door and the room was big.(don't feel like writing out description but it's just like laurens room but red stuff instead of purple)

I threw my stuff in the chair on the left side of my room and fell onto the bed. I let sleep take over and fell into a dreamless sleep.

When I woke up sun was shining through the dark curtians and I heard someone yell from down the hall. I got out of bed and went to see who was yelling. I walked out of my room and quietly creeped down the hall to the last door. I put my ear up to the door and heard.

"Why do you think!? Your brother crushed me. That's why I loved him and he just.......... He just let me go." I know that voice it's Lauren.

There was a short pause before she spoke again.

"Maybe you should just go."

I heard footsteps walking to the door so I walked quickly to my room and closed the door. I heard her door open and close and Merle walking down the hall. His footsteps stoped in front of my door for a moment but then continued. I knew one thing for sure. I needed to make things right.