Chapter 5~ Forever and Ever

Time Skip Two Days Later--

Laurens POV:

Hershel removed the arrow from my leg and stitched me up. He told me I was lucky that the damage wasn't too bad but I needed to stay off of it for a couple days.

I've been sitting in the same room for two days now and Maggie and Glenn are the only people who have come in everyday. With Rick and Carl visiting once yesterday.   I really just want to go outside and hunt our something. I really just need out of this bed.

Carl its starting to be the little brother I never had. I had my older brother but that's a totally different thing. I miss my brother so much. I wish we would've had a better relationship. I never got to have the conversation about him with my uncle.

The door opens and Carl and Rick come in.

"How ya feelin?" Rick asks me

"A lot better. Maybe I could go outside?"

"Yeah dad lets take her outside!" Carl yells excited.

"Maybe for a little while. But we have to watch your stitches."

"Ok I'll be careful I promise! Carl come help me."

Carl and Rick help me out of bed and Rick carries me down the stairs. When we get outside they sit me down on the swing. People saw me outside and started coming over to us. Everyone from the group except Daryl was there.

A chorus of how are you feeling and dose it hurt come from them. I answer I'm fine and not really.

"Give her room to breathe guys." Carl says from bedside me.

"Yeah listen to my body guard guys." i say and laugh after.

"Everyone back to chores." Rick says and everyone laughs and goes back to what they were doing.

I tell Rick that I'll be fine with Carl so he leaves us alone. We sit in silence for a few minutes before I talk.

"So how are you holding up?"

"I'm ok I just miss everything." here looks at me with sad eyes.

"I know what you mean. I miss it too, but I wouldn't change meeting you guys for anything." I nudge his arm and he smiles at me.

"Made ya smile! Now keep it that way." I can't help but smile from ear to ear back at him.

"Yeah, yeah" he laughs as he says this.

"So can I be your body guard? I'll keep you safe and you can keep me safe. We can like protect each other." he looks at me with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah we can."

"And we never leave each other either."

"Never ever."

"Forever and ever!" he holds his pinky up to me and I take it with mine.

"Forever and ever! Pinky promise." I say to him.

We looked at each other and smiled. But the time of us being happy was cut short when we heard yelling by the barn.