Then the drums sounded

(warning! steamy content in this chapter.)

I don't know how long I stood there wrapped around him feeling the tendrils beneath my skin move and wish to be free but I somehow kept them hidden. I guess Papa was right with me taking powers and abilities from my beloved but I had no idea that they would be like this. I felt his cold hands place themselves on my waist and spin me once. Slender laughed quietly and rested his head against mine and hugged me. I could reach him easier now. I had grown taller and I was already tall, to begin with. He pulled back first and I smiled at him. I missed the way his face creased into emotions he could not show. 

"I missed you, " he whispered, his head returning to nuzzle mine. 

"As did I but I missed the way you smile. Can I have a smile?"

"I have to rip open my mouth if you want that. You do know this." He chuckled.

"Yes, and once you smile with your lips I can kiss them and not the closed skin around them. Though I don't mind that at all."  I replied with a giggle as his jaw was ripped free from his maw. He gave me a sharp jagged grin and another chuckle. I reached up and pulled him closer to me and placed a soft kiss on his sharp lips. He returned it happily and felt his tendrils surround my body as if I would be snatched again from him. When we pulled back he easily lifted me from the ground and walked us to our room. The grey under his eyes must have meant he could not sleep while I was gone at all.

"I did miss you. A lot. But the visit from your father was a shock to me. And I must say to you for now knowing who he is. How did you survive down there for the while with both him and the riders?" he asked while tangling his long fingers in my hair.  

"Well, the fact that they are the children of the horsemen means that I am a rider as well but I have no horse and frankly don't know how to ride a horse. But I know for a fact that I will never be like them, not a chance. Meeting my father was a change but I was told I had met my mother already with you."

"You mean Luna is your mother?"

"Apparently. I do look, like her but I am colored like Chronus. It's weird."  I replied. 

"How did he take the eye and the scars?"

"I don't think he saw them.  He was very happy when I was kind, he mentioned how I had hated him before as well as mother but I guess that's within the year we lost."  I rested my head in the crook of his neck and felt him rise and hold my body against his as he walked. 

"Did any of the kids see you yet? Besides Lazari?" I shook my head to his question and turned my head to see where we were going. Our room. I smiled as I was set back onto the floor and walked over to my side of the bed. It was very late here. "What time was it when you left Styx."

"Mid-morning. Chronus requested tea to try to know me better before coming to talk to you.  I felt that he should at least meet you if we are to be. And were you serious? About the marriage thing. It's very serious if you do. "

"I do want to one day if you will have me but I think that you need to rest your head about that for now. You just came back to me and I met my relatives and I am happy. You need to meet my baby brother and then you will have seen my entire family. " He said as he pushed me gently down on the bed. "But I think we both need to relieve some stress. Don't you agree?" I blushed and nodded lightly as he brought himself over me. My eyes closed as he kissed me softly his fingers still tangled in my hair which I think was his favorite thing to do. His tongue dragged along my lip and I smiled gently while denying him. 

"Not right now," I replied to his plea as his tendrils shot out from his back and surrounded my small frame. One slipped under my belt that held my shirt to my waist and a shiver ran through my body. I felt something run up my back and slip from my shirt as a grey tendril mixed with his black ones. I don't think he noticed. His sharp teeth gently nipped at my lip and again I refused to open up. He pulled back slightly.