The war drums cried.

The days began to pass quicker and quicker as we sat down waiting in the woods for days on end for them to show. But the riders seemed to have vanished from the woods entirely probably due to papa and his mouth. I sat there in the garden with London, the shade that said he worked for my parents, and Chronus has come and gone from the Underworld up here to visit from time to time after finishing his work. He would go on to explain what he could from the year we all forgot. 

"That one son you have was brought with you. Your eyes were stained with tears when you were brought. Nathraichean had him placed in the dungeon and your mother released. Auetherwulf was not the happiest about that. Apparently, your son has a very undisciplined mouth. Which is not surprising coming from your family."

"Jeffery had the mouth before I had even arrived and I do not curse very much Papa. It's bad for the kids to hear that but they just swear anyway. It is much too late to discipline them with the words that leave their lips. I do not know about our family Papa you will have to tell me another day."  I replied as one of my daughters ran outside to where Chronus and I were having tea. Lazari tugged on the hem on my skirt Trender had designed and I gazed down at my shy girl. 

"Mommy there is a strange bird in the living room and it is black with cross eyes." She said holding onto her stuffy very tightly. I stood up as well as Chronus did to enter the house to gaze at this strange bird that was told of me.

"Cross eyes is one of my brothers. What does Pierce want now?" Chronus said as the bird landed on his shoulder and he looked at it. His face fell and the violet eyes I received from him grew darker. "I am sorry my Fala Amaris but I have to go. I will be here again soon and maybe this time I can get into his room to search for the memories you lost." He said as the bird burst into a fit of green flames on his shoulder.

"Very well Papa. Sweetie grandpa is leaving do you wish to give him a hug this time?" I asked Lazari who was clinging to my skirt. Though Chronus had been coming to and from the mansion once in a while since time passes differently here than in my homeland, Lazari and the kids still fear him to a point. Lazari looked up to me then to Chronus who straightened his gloves and knelt to her height. She was hesitant at first but did walk forward and embrace him. His eyes filled with joy as she finally hugged him.  Chronus walked into the woods giving a wave as he left and vanished into the trees. 

Lazari ran to the couch and grabbed a small book off of the cushion and walked over to me. This was one of my favorite things here was reading with the kids. I swept her up in my arms and walked her to the library and sat down on the couch where the fireplace was. It lit up as soon as the doors opened and she sat down on my lap as she read me the book. I listened as she did struggle with this in school and I would correct her on words when needed. Days like this my mind wandered to when I would hear anything back but there was nothing. It was like they had run forever. It made me wonder again will Papa succeed this time around.

Chronus POV

The journey to the lake was a very sad but calming walk as I had to leave my daughter once more.  I don't see what she does up here in the mortal world as I watch thousands of people die from others jealousy, hatred, or even love. Mortals were very strange but then again. I married one who used to be mortal. I gave a glance up at her while she held rested eyes down at me. One more month then I will see you again. Then you can see how much our daughter has changed. There was a snap from behind me as I had not reached the lake yet and my eyes wandered back behind me where the familiar grunt of the wraiths called out.

Turning around I found myself face to face with the white snout of Hades. Nathraichean's wraith. Upon his back was his master. His empty eyes gazed down at me. He descended from the back of Hades and walked over to me. I towered over him as I had to bend down slightly to even face him. "You came all this way to walk me back home. I assure you I don't need to be watched Nathraichean."