See, it's working!

Hannah and I continue the highly anticipated conversation on my bed. "I didn't know you wanted me to stay, I thought I freaked you out!" I let a quick laugh out. She shakes her head in disbelief. I catch myself and realize this is a learning moment, too. I continue, "But, now I know that's not what you wanted." "Good job. See, it's working!" Hannah jokes and points to my head then moves in closer to me. She holds my face steady and leaves a gentle kiss on my forehead, then pulls away again. "And, I know now too that this isn't one-sided, you have your version too, plus I get that you were thinking situational. But, I thought I gave you so many signs? What did you see them as?" She asks genuinely. "I just, I don't know — overall friendliness I guess? Don't get me wrong though, there would be times where I felt them as something more, but my brain talked me out of it. It happens a lot to me, I live inside this." I take my own head and shake it with my hands as we giggle together. "Plus, I'm used to being the one into someone else and painting a picture that way. Longing, pining, and saying absolutely nothing. It's kinda cruel, and it's on me. Again, trying to work on that." I say honestly, and look up to Hannah with vulnerability in my eyes. "I'm not even used to being this open with someone, especially not this soon. You and I just met, but I can't wait to get to know you more." I smile and exhale. Hannah looks at me for a bit and I notice her taking in my facial features. "This is all I've been wanting to hear from you, Rowan." She pauses briefly then continues, "Sweet, perfect, precious Rowan." She starts tracing my features with her finger and I close my eyes to feel it that much more.