I Know Places

After I finish eating my pretzel, I say to Hannah, "You inspired me to put on my own comfy clothes now, so I'm gonna go do that." I point to the bathroom and start to stand up. Hannah says, "Well, wait..." she continues, "...it's pretty late." She pauses briefly then sighs dramatically, "I guess I should be heading out to my room then." I notice that she's playing with me as she attempts to stand up to leave, but makes her movements incredibly slow to wait for me to speak up. So, I give in to her little game. I want to put her on edge like she does to me, but also prove to her I can make her feel good like she does to me, too. I wait for her to stand up completely, as she sighs one more time. I make sure to time it just right so that she doesn't actually get mad at me. As theatrical as I possibly can, I stand right in front of her and reach for both of her hands, holding them tight, "Wait... no... stay, Hannah," I say in a crafted pleading tone. I pull her in for a hug, then wait to feel her squeeze me back. She reciprocates quickly and does so quite tightly as she lets out a squeak. We're hugging so closely that our faces are touching, and I feel her smile against my cheek. I keep my chin resting on her shoulder and move my hands to her waistline. She whispers into my ear and says, "After you get changed, do you wanna go somewhere magical with me?" My heartbeat starts kicking fast as I whimper back and can only let out, "Yes, please." I pull my head away from her shoulder so I can look her in her eyes. We stand there, feeling perfectly content and studying each other. I feel so safe and seen that I close my eyes and put our foreheads together. "This feels nice," I say softly. Hannah replies, "It does. But..." I immediately pull my forehead off of hers at the change in her tone. "But what?" I ask with a hint of nervousness. She puts her hands on my shoulders to get me to focus, "But, it'll feel much better when you go and get changed, darling." She laughs. "Go do that, please. And then come right back to me." I smile and shake my head in relief. "Fine fine fine, I'm going." I tap her nose then head to the bathroom.

It takes me a few minutes to brush my teeth, wash my face, and get changed into my sweatpants and a t-shirt. I take one last look in the mirror and feel a small wave of vulnerability and insecurity wash over me. I try to let the feeling come and go, like a leaf floating down a river. I take one last deep breath and excitedly head out of the bathroom, eager to see Hannah all cozied up in my bed, with her perfect blonde hair fanned on my pillow. I go to open the door with a smile on my face, but as I open it I don't see Hannah on my bed anymore. "Wait, what the fuck?" I mouth as I go to step out to investigate. Hannah leaps out onto me from her hiding spot that was around the door and kisses me while laughing hard, clearly impressed with her own little prank. I kiss her back but pull away to laugh, and also tease her as revenge. "I thought you left! Your little joke is going to cost you." She interrupts, "Actually, you still owe ME from my changing room victory during our first night on set. I'm not done with all of my winning requests." She says with her arms crossed and biting her lip. "Go and get on the bed, please, for the winner." She smirks. "Fine, but just know I'll get you back," I reply and head towards the bed. Hannah flicks the light out, with the only light coming from the stormy sky mixed with the moonlight. I climb into bed as she's still standing near the light switch and says, "First mission is accomplished, you're in the bed. Next, grab the remote that is on the pillow to your left." I do as Hannah requests and pick it up. "Good girl," She pauses, then continues, "Next, simply hit the "on" button." I click the button and suddenly displaying on the tv is one of those ambient crackling fireplaces. Surprised by yet another cute gesture, I say, "Hannah, you are just..." I pause. I notice her walking towards the bed as I cover up my face with my hands, cautious of showing how flustered I am. She reaches the bed and stands near where I'm laying, while looking down at me and says, "Go on, say it. I am... what?" She asks with satisfaction in her voice, already anticipating a compliment. I try to express our unique connection and say, "I don't know. You're just otherworldly; you always teleport me somewhere else."

Hannah stays silent and climbs over my body to get to the other side of the bed to lay down. She turns on her side and stays looking at me, as I mirror her action, studying her face to try and think about what she'll say next. She interrupts my thoughts with a kiss on my cheek and says, "Well, I know places we won't be found." She tosses a blanket up in the air, covering both our heads with it. We scramble to find each other's faces under the covers, but the second we do we begin to kiss, this time more passionately. I feel her body shifting as she moves to place it on top of mine. I wrap my hands behind her neck, interlocking my fingers behind it. As we continue kissing, I can feel her hands planted on my stomach. She moves them underneath my shirt, then gently rests them on my hips. I pull my mouth away from hers to find her eyes again, then I heavily breathe out, "I want you." Hannah quickly fills up any physical space left between us as we stay that close, in various aspects, for what feels like the rest of time.

Afterward, she stays the night as we snuggle up and listen to the rain patter down below.