22: Break Down

I'm sorry I haven't been updating. I had AP Exams and preparation these last 3 weeks. But I am back and ready to finish this amazing sequel. We have 8-9 more chapters and an epilogue so let's get into it.

------------

Third POV

The day had come for Makoto's plan to take action and everyone had their hopes up. All of the members were nervous about Izuku's condition. Even though he was associating with people in the room, he wouldn't speak and his eyes were still dull. The morning came and went, Katsuki arriving first, followed a couple of hours later by the members. The morning was relaxing for everyone. Katsuki chatted with Izuku during breakfast telling him that his hyungs were on their way and that they really missed him. He also informed the idol about how Kirishima had finally confessed to Mina and invited the two of them to a party later that month.

When Katsuki began telling Izuku about how he had come across a stray kitten on his way home from a patrol he started to tear up at the announcement that he was waiting for Izuku to name him. Katsuki told Izuku about how ARMY missed him and they were wishing him well every day, all over the world. Katsuki knew Izuku was a key part of people's lives and dreams, but he felt the need to emphasize the point today. When the other member's arrived, they went through the same cycle that Katsuki did. They all told Izuku about the happenings since the last time they saw him. Ryo and Hiroshi told Izuku about the new songs they were composing, Daisuke and Susumu told Izuku about the new dances they'd come up with, Kenta told Izuku about new promotions the group was getting and the new cats that made a hangout outside his apartment, and Makoto told Izuku about the new recipes he'd been trying out.

It was around 1 pm when Izuku had been fully informed of the comings of his family and boyfriend. At that time Daisuke and Susumu stepped out to get everyone lunch while the nurses brought Izuku some food. Izuku had taken some slow bites and got through about half of his meal before pushing away the rest. The rest of the day went by peacefully, with doctors and nurses coming in to check on Izuku's condition. They were pleased that he was reacting more to his surroundings but they were still concerned with his lack of voice.

The sun began setting around 6 pm due to the approaching winter season. around that time Makoto began shifting closer to the large window in Izuku's room. He had planned his surprise for around 6:30 pm so the time was approaching quickly with the darkening sky. He checked his watch frequently and after about 10 min of waiting and watching the streets below crowd with people. He clapped his hands together to get everyone's attention.

He turned to Izuku who was staring at him, "Izuku, we all know you have been struggling these past few weeks and we are really sorry we couldn't do more for you. We hope that you get better really soon and that you can rely on us to be your support in times of distress. You are our little brother and the loving boyfriend of Katsuki. We all adore you and believe you can pull through. In that sense, we have gotten the help of some people the truly show you how much we all love you and how much you deserve to be happy and at peace of mind."

Izuku was focused intently on his oldest hyungs and inside he was battling an emotional roller coaster. He knew he had the love of his family and fans, but he was scared. Izuku was scared to get hurt again and disappoint people again. If he stayed in the comforts of disassociation, he didn't have to face the dangers of the world. But if he did he was putting his family and friends through so much pain. He hated this decision. He was scared and didn't know how to protect himself and everyone else.

As Izuku was stuck in his head Katsuki shook his shoulder as Makoto walked out of Izuku's view of the window. As Izuku got recognition back in his dull eyes he focused back on the place where Makoto previously was. However, instead of his handsome hyung, Izuku saw a purple glow coming from the massive window. Izuku's breath caught in his throat and he leaned forward trying to get closer to the glow before him. His focus was pulled away as Katsuki offered him a wheelchair. Izuku nodded hesitantly but the quickness showed his anticipation of the surprise.

Izuku, with everyone following behind him silently, wheeled toward the window and peered through. It wasn't the window that was glowing purple but the scene outside of it. The streets below were filled with people holding lights. The streets below were filled with ARMY holding ARMY bombs, lit purple, in honor and support of him.

As Izuku stared out towards the scene, an unseen spark lit in his eyes, and tears started to fall as his ears recognized a sound coming from outside. His fans, his ARMY, and his family were singing 'Bulletproof: The Eternal.' They were singing a song of hardships and support. It was a song that expressed how everyone was there to support and love each other no matter the circumstances and past difficulties. His ARMY was singing from their heart to save him from himself. And he was listening.

The members and Katsuki stood behind Izuku as he observed the purple scene. They were all worried that this wasn't going to work, but all of that worry vanished in a second when there was a hitch in Izuku's breath. A second later, Izuku was balling his heart out. He was crying waterfalls and trying to catch his breath only to choke on it and cry even more. Everyone rushed to him to offer comfort. A group hug was naturally secured around Izuku as Katsuki hugged him in the center.

Katsuki pushed Izuku's head into his shoulder and rubbed his back comfortingly. Izuku kept crying and pushing closer to Katsuki, and Katsuki just pushed back, showing how much he needed him and loved him. Eventually, Izuku's breaths slowed down and he was just sniffling and breathing deeply. Katsuki turned his head so that he faced the side of Izuku's head that was on his shoulder. "I love you now and forever. I'm glad to have you back."

The whisper typically would have started a new round of tears from Izuku but he was out of tears to spare, so he nearly dug his head deeper into Katsuki and gripped the back of his shirt tighter. Katsuki made a movement to shift Izuku so the other members exited the group hug. Katsuki lifted the green head and placed him on his lap and rocked with him. Slowly the idol fell asleep due to his breakdown and overall exhaustion. When he was dead asleep, Katsuki let out a loud sigh and looked at Makoto before smiling and mouthing a 'thank you.' Makoto nodded and smiled back before turning to the others and ushering them out of the room, with the promise of return the following day.

So in the dead of night, in a room that glowed purple from the illumination of the street below, Katsuki and Izuku sat together, one asleep and one finally able to relax. Katsuki felt his eyes close as he embraced and rocked Izuku like a baby. Katsuki knew Izuku had been through a lot, but he also knew that he was finally on the road to recovery.

-----------

1300 words