Chapter 43; Hoodie

Chan

-I can't do this anymore.... I have to tell Felix the truth..... I really just can't anymore.

Seen 16:22

Jisung

Hey try to calm down-

I am free today-

I can be at yours in 20-

I'll bring Minho with me-

Don't do anything Chan-

please-

We are on our way-

unread

"Min, we have to drive to Chan!" Jisung yelled at Minho and quickly put his coat on and snatched the car keys before running outside. Minho followed him but was still confused what even happened. The raven haired boy started the engine while Jisung explained him why they even have to drive to Chan. A loud beeping sound echoed trough the car when Jisung tried to call Chan but unfortunately the older didn't pick up his phone. „It can't be that he just texted me and now he isn't answering the phone. Did he threw his phone away or something ?" Minho put a calming hand on Jisungs leg and reassured him that everything will be fine.

„No nothing will be fine if he tells him the truth Min, Felix is still mental fragile and Chan isn't better at all. They will both just be broken afterwards!" A worried sigh left Minhos lips while he sped up the car.

Chan POV.
I turned off my phone and washed my face so Felix won't be more worried when he sees the tearstreaks on my face. Ji Hyeon will be here in 5 minutes, I just have to endure these 5 minutes without telling Felix the truth. „Chan can you help me dressing up ?" A sigh left my lips and I quicky reassured myself that everything will be fine, before I left the bathroom. A fake smile formed on my face while I aprroached Felix who still sat on the couch. „Of course, you already know what you want to wear ?" He nodded while I lifted him up in his wheelchair and pushed him to his room. Felix rolled to the closet and searched. „Can I help you ? What are you searching for ?" The younger still searched through the closet.

„I want to wear my yellow hoodie with-" „the baby ...chick?" Felix smiled „Yeah, I haven't seen it anywhere, it's my favorite hoodie." It can't be Chan thought he forgot the hoodie for such a long time but today he wants to wear it ?!

„I threw it away Lix." I said calmly but Felix looked at me in desbelief. „Why the heck would you throw a way my things, MY clothes ?!" He looked upset and angry at the same time. „I-" It felt as if a lump formed in my lungs. „You- You had it on, in the accident." My eyes filled with unshed tears. „I'm sorry but even after it was clean, I couldn't. I couldn't stand it, It always reminded me of how I found you unconscious, hit by (me) a car, while lying on the cold street. It had your blood on it." I gulped before I continued. „I will buy you another hoodie okay, please don't be mad.....I just- I just didn't wanted to be reminded of that exact moment. I was terrified that I would lose you.....I am so sorry Lix, I am truly sorry, I can buy you another one."

Felix slowly closed the closet and pushed his wheelchair next to me. He carefully put his arms around my legs and leaned his head on them. „It's okay, I am not mad Chris. I have other hoodies I can wear. I actually don't know what I was wearing at the accident. I really don't know anything abot it anymore but I understand why you did it, you saw me lying there somewhere hit by a basterd and left alone bleeding on a street, while fighting for my life."

I didn't left you, I was right with you, I was holding you in my arms and just prayed, but never left you alone.

„But now everythings fine, the person who crashed me probably got hit aswell or worse." Felix said calmly as if he wasn't talking about me, I'm this awful person.

„Nothing is fine Lix!" I snapped „Not at all!" Felix let go of my legs and looked up to my face me. „What do you mean ?" Something in me just wanted to yell out that it was my fault, that I was driving the car who hit him to finally play with open cards and with no lies. „It was me-"

„It was mean from the person to just leave you there and now don't has any consequences is just fucked up okay!" I couldn't tell him the truth with the fear of him leaving me. Felix was perplexed because of the outburst and even a bit confused.

Ding Dong, Ding dong

„That's probably Ji Hyeon, I will open the door and you can look for another outfit, will be right back and help you with the pants and socks." I said quickly and closed the door after me. I walked to the door and saw that it was indeed Ji Hyeon at the door. „Hey- whoa what happened is everything okay, why were you crying, are you hurt, is Felix alright ?" She immediately started to ask.

Shit I forgot to wash my face.

No he's fine, me too. Just got reminded of the accident and got a bit overwhelmed." Ji Hyeon looked at me surprised. „If you want to talk about it I can organize a therapie session for you. You could really need it Chan." A deep sighleft my lips before I shook my head „No need, I think it's just the lack of sleep, I will just take a nap when you take Felix." She hummed but still looked worried, so I flashed a quick smile at her. „I have to help Felix dressing up, just feel welcome and make yourself comfortable."

...

I opened the door and saw Felix sitting slumped in his wheelchair. The door made a sound because he quickly looked back. „Felix ?" His voice was low „I-I never thought how the accident effected you. I always thought about myself how hard it is in a wheelchair but you witnessed everything, from the call that someone found me unconcious till now, taking care of your brother. The mention of my hoodie, even triggered you more than me."

I witnessed even more, from the crash, the pierced screaming and the feeling of losing someone and being guilty for it, till now hiding still the truth from you.

I approached Felix and kneeled down to be on eye-level. „It's okay, yeah it's hard to get triggered easily by such small things that remind me, like a hoodie but I will overcome it, we will. I know that you're worried but you don't have to be, I just had a rough night that's what probably triggers me the most today." Felix listened to every word I said with concentration and empathy.

 „So now let's pick an outfit, because Ji Hyeon is already waiting in the living room." A sigh left Felixs lips „I will take your laptop away and drag you to sleep at 10pm today. So you will get your needed sleep!" I chuckled and stood up „Yeah I'm alright with that."

I think I'm finally getting my idea back how the book should go along with the story :D 

I am not really satisfied with the chapter but I wanted a little bit Chan and Felix brother dynamic with a Chan who feels guilty soo.... 

Next update is on Monday, maybe even earlier 

This time for real though cause the half is already written SPOILER Chapter 44; Title is HALF TRUTH |ʘ‿ʘ)╯