IDK You Yet (Bucky X Jesse (OC))

//the video is the song. The pic is Jesse//

//this is an AU where you can hear you're soulmate in your head when they sing//

Jesse sat down in his small apartment. His hands only a fraction above the piano in front of him. Everything was still. The only sound was the ticking of the clock above Jesse's desk.

He took a small breath before beginning to play. His nimble fingers play each note effortlessly. With another breath he began to sing.

Bucky was sitting with Steve in the compound. They were having a nice night together to relax (which was something they hardly ever got to do). Everything was fine when suddenly Bucky froze.

"Buck, are you okay?" Steve asks

"How can you miss someone you've never met?

cause I need you now but I don't know you yet"

Bucky smiles "They're singing again." He got like this every time his soulmate sang. It was as if he couldn't hear anything but them.

Steve smiles gently at his dear friend.

"Can you find me soon cause I'm In my head?

Yeah I need you now but I don't know you yet"

Jesse felt tears prick the corner of his eyes as he sang. Why hadn't he heard his soulmate yet? it had been years.. and he hasn't heard his soulmate once. Jesse just wanted love.

"Cause lately it's been hard oh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh"

"They're selling me for parts oh ooh ooh ooh ooh"

"And I don't wanna be modern art oh ooh ooh ooh ooh"

"but I only have half a heart

to give

to you"

Bucky's face fell as the sadness from his soulmate's voice became apparent. Each word felt like a cry for help.

"They aren't okay.." he mutters.

"Do you know why?" Steve asks, wanting to help.

"how can you miss someone you've never seen?"

"Tell me, are your eyes brown, blue or green?"

Jesse knew nothing about his soulmate. He was starting to doubt that he even had one. He felt like the loneliest person in the world

"And do you like it with sugar and cream?"

Or do you take straight oh just like me"

"..They're lonely.." Bucky mutters. "and.. They're looking for me."

"Have you sang since you started hearing them?" Steve asks. Bucky shook his head feeling guilty. "Why not?"

"I don't know what to sing"

"yeah lately it's been hard oh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh"

"They're selling me for parts oh ooh ooh ooh ooh"

"And I don't wanna be modern art oh ooh ooh ooh ooh"

"but I only have half a heart

to give

to you"

"And I hope it's enough"

Tears rolled down Jesse's cheeks as he sang. Every ounce of emotion making its way into each note.

"Ooh ooh-ooh ooh ooh-ooh ooh"

What was wrong with him? Why couldn't he just let it go and live his life? Was it because deep down all ever wanted was his soulmate? or was it that he was tired of being alone? Either way he just wanted things to get better.

"Ooh ooh-ooh ooh ooh-ooh ooh"

Just then Bucky got an idea. "hold on Steve I got an idea." Steve looked confused, raising an eyebrow as Bucky got up and left for his room.

Bucky sat cross legged on the end of his bed listening as his soul mate sang. He took a few deep breaths, was he really going to do this?

"Ooh ooh-ooh ooh ooh-ooh ooh"

Jesse closed his eyes as his tears fell, taking a shaky breath as he was about to sing the final part. Instead his breath hitched. He heard another voice.

"How can I miss someone you've never met?"

Could it be? Was it really his soul mate?

"Cause I need you now but I don't know you yet"

His soulmate's voice was soft, and a little raspy. It was clear they were nervous in his tone. Jesse couldn't help but smile new tears of joy pricking the corners of his eyes as he sang again this time with his soul mate.

"but can you find me soon because I'm in my head"

"I need you now but I don't know you yet"

Bucky smiles as he hears his soulmate singing with him. Their voice sounded happy now. He did it. He made them happy.

"Yeah I need you now but I know you yet"

"I need you now but I don't know you yet"

"I need you now, But I don't know you yet"

Jesse smiles softly looking up at the ceiling. He had a soul mate, and their voice was amazing. He hadn't been this happy in along time. Now, all he had to do was find them.

//Word Count: 727//