Rainy Days (Bucky x Y/n)

It was a quiet day at the compound. The Avengers were off doing their own things, leaving the building empty but peaceful. 
It had started raining early in the morning and had yet to stop. Y/n sat in the common area. As close to the window as they could whilst being in one of the couches. A large thermos was held in their hands, filled with a warm and calming tea. Which they sipped now and then as they sat in silence, enjoying the rain.

"Enjoying the quiet?" A soft yet almost raspy voice asks.

"Mm?" Y/n was pulled from their thoughts, turning to see who had spoke. Meeting the soft blue eyes of James "Bucky" Barnes. "No- actually I was enjoying the sound of the rain."

"Fair point." Bucky says obviously amused as he sat down near by. Y/n smiles softly looking down at their cup for a moment before looking back out the window.

"Beautiful isn't it..?" They murmur after a little while.

"Yeah.. it is." Bucky agrees, though he wasn't looking at the rain. "Almost as beautiful as you."

"What?"  Y/n was caught of guard turning to look at him once again. "Did.. you just flirt with me?"

Bucky laughs awkwardly "I have been fore a while actually." He admits as he looked away for a moment. "Thanks for finally noticing"

Y/n didn't know what to say. Suddenly memories of stolen glances, small touches, soft words, little moments all rushed through their head. They'd always just assumed basic kindness or friendship. Never anything more. Y/n's cheeks turned red as he set his cup down.
"...all this time?"

"Since the very beginning." Bucky answers. Y/n gently takes his hand in theirs. He looks up meeting their eyes.

"Well.. now I know." They mutter leaning forward and kissing his cheek. "And you know too."

The silence returned. Only broken by the soft pattering of the rain, and the two simply enjoyed it hand in hand. Now, they had someone to enjoy it all with.