arguing 101

It has been three days since Gally woke me up from my nightmare. Newt has returned, he is back to bring me out of my nightmares. I can't get close to him though, or at least I can't get more close to him. I am an in dependant person I shouldn't need some boy to rely on. Still though he is always there.

"C'mon Newt please!" I yell at him looking up into his big brown eyes trying to make the best puppy dog face I can. He just scoffs and turns away continuing walking to who knows where. " Why can't I go back! it's so boring in the glade!" I yell starting to get frustrated. "I've been in there before you know I have! It's my shuken job!" I yell at him. "God Jo you are insane, your wrist is still broken it's hardly been a week since you almost died, and now you want to go and throw yourself back into that death trap!" His voice raising,

"Newt you know me I can handle anything, i don't like being trapped here!" I yell back at him. "Oh I'm sorry I diidn't know that, I thought that you loved being in this place! That you were just in the maze to have fun, not to find a way out!" He continues yelling with his voice coated in sarcasm.

"Just go and snog Gally why don't you! I don't care what you do!" He is getting closer to me know. "You act like you can handle anything, you always try to push Gally and I away. Yet we all know that you don't want to, you care for us, you are the only one to calm down Gally and I see the way you look at him. But your trying to pretend to be all tough and strong and I wish I knew why you are acting like such a shank!"

"Fine, you want to know something Newt." I say my voice lowering. "I want to go back into the maze so then I can feel like i'm actually dong something useful. Everyone has looked out for me so much and I feel like I'm not caring my own weight." I stop and take a breathe avoiding Newts eyes.

"I act like that because if anyone ever leaves it won't hurt as much. I don't like relying on people Newt because when they leave it hurts like shuck... I don't want to care about you boys. I can't protect you and if you get hurt it will kill me. If you leave me it will kill me. So i'm sorry for loving you!" I suddenly yell at him and then turn away running towards the maze. Newt stands there for a minute and before I enter the maze I hear Newts voice calling after me. "Jo! come back!" But I'm gone.

I don't know how long I have until the doors close I was just running. Taking in the pain from my wrist and taking in the pain from my heart. Newt doesn't care. He doesn't care about me. He thinks I am some fake person. I knew I shouldn't have gotten to close! Shuck I told myself and now look at me. I lean up against a wall and think about letting a tear slip down my cheek. No I am not going to cry over some guy.

I start heading back noticing that the sun is starting to set and the doors would be closing soon. When I reach the doors they start closing and I sprint through them coming out the other side with a good minute to spare. Immediately Gally comes and hugs me. I smile into his chest as he spins me around. I don't care about anything else right now, I'm just going to live in the moment now.