arm wrestling

Its been a 30 days since i came up in that shuck box. Every day when I wake up I put a mark on the wall to see how long I've been here. Then I get up, I go run with Minho and once we are done running and mapping I get to go hang out with my best friend! 

It's after my run and we set up an arm wrestling station outside the homestead. I'm the undifeated champion! I've gone through more than half the gladers when Newt walks up "mind if I have a go love?" His beautiful accent still makes my heart flutter. I chuckle, he actually thinks he can beat me. i may be small but he is so skinny. I nod and he takes a seat we start and I'm winning slowly but surely. That's when I decide to look up at my opponent. His beautiful dirty blonde hair fell in front of his eyes perfectly, now I could see that he isn't just skin and bones he has muscle. Then there are those eyes, the ones I get lost in all the time. That's when I loose my concentration and my arm relaxes allowing Newt to win.

He stands up and expect him to go and celebrate with the boys but he just walks up to me grinning and takes my hand as we walk away. "looks like i knocked you off your cloud." he said with a smirk on his face, "I was finally taller than everybody." I said playfully pushing him we laughed as we walked to who knows where.

This is my best friend. This is my brother. This is my happiness.