Brother

My wrist is feeling a lot better and my endurance is back up. Minho and I want to go back into the maze again tomorrow and I can't wait. I wonder over to Newt while I'm being bored out of my mind, "Hey Newt."

I say with a slight sigh as I sit down on a stump, Newt looks up at me with slight confusion. "What's wrong Jo?" "You have no idea how bored I am." I reply, He stands up and walks over to me getting a little to close for comfort but hey it's Newt. "So what are we?" He asks in just above a whisper.

"Look Newt I like you..." I say as Newt gets closer. I had no idea that somebody else was watching. "I like you too Jo." Newt says right before connecting our lips, he is amazing but there are no sparks. I had no idea that the same somebody just ran off storming into the woods.

I pull away and look up at him with my hands on his chest. "Look Newt you know I like you, shuck I love you but it's more of a brother thing than a romantic thing" At that moment he breaks the gaze looking down. I take my hand and guide his chin so he is looking at me again.

Shuck how I love those big brown eyes. "Hey Newt, I will always need you, always." I say smiling as I remember what he said to me when I got my nightmare. "Look Jo I love you and I want whats best for you and if you need a brother I am going to be the best big brother ever." We both smile and hug with my head against his heart. It's not as loud as Gally's but I can still hear it nonetheless.

We are pulled apart when we hear screaming coming from the forest. "Shuck it's Gally!" I say to Newt as I head off at a jog towards the forest, towards Gally. When I reach the source of the yelling I see Gally hitting and punching trees with all of his might. The rough bark is ripping up his hands and I see the blood coming off of them in waves.

Even through all the pain he must be in he continues to thrash at the trees. When I look closer though I can see the tears streaming down his face. He isn't mad, he is in pain, emotionally. This is just strange and out of the ordinary, Gally only rages because he is mad.

People have started gathering in the forest but as soon as they are there they start leaving after they see that I had arrived. I go up to Gally slowly and lean against a tree watching him. I have no idea how to go about this situation its so different from the rest.

I say his name jsut above a whisper "Gally" he looks so broken. I can feel my heart splitting in two, I say his name a bit louder and take another step closer. "Gally" I say one more time, he is pounding a tree now skin scraping off and blood gushing out now.

I move closer to him and put my hand on his elbow tracing it downto his wrist lowering it. He just lets out loud sobs as I open up his hands. I have his hands so his palms are resting on mine. I then move closer to him and I rest my head on his shoulders and wrap my arms around his body as he shakes. "Hey it's ok, I'm here, I'm here."

He opens his eyes and looks at me. All of a sudden he pushes me away and I stumble backwards. "No!" He cries out, "You left me! You said you wouldn't but you did!" With each word I hear the pain that comes out of his voice. I just stare at him in shock, I have no idea what he is talking about. "You left me for him!" Shuck it's Newt he is talking about Newt.

"Hey we are just friends, it's nothing he is my brother." He lets out another scream. "I promise" He stops at my words and looks at me. "You promise?" He says beetween sobs, I take a small step closer to him. "I promise."

I take him to my room and go and grab some suplies from the med jacks and head back over to the room. I see that he already got his shirt off and is sleeping in bed, I can see the tear stained cheaks. I climb up beside him and put my hand on his chest.

I can feel the muscles in his shoulders, the same chest that tackled Alby the second day I got here, the same one that caught me while jumping out of the maze. The same one that woke me up, the same one that I brought back to reality so many times. I bandage up his hands and sit back to look at him.

This is the guy that I...