Jobs

The floor is hard. I'm sleeping peacefully when somebody goes and flips my body causing me to land on the hard floor. "What the shuck?" I see Gally standing there looking serious, "what's wrong with you?" I ask him. "Jo you are seriously hard to wake up." He says with a slight smirk now "you were practically dead I even yelled in your ear before I flipped you. By the way thanks for the punch." He said rubbing his jaw, "I didn't punch you" I stated but then looked closer at his jaw and saw a bruise forming." Oh... Sorry... But you didn't have to yell at me you shank" I replied chuckling a bit. "Newt told me to wake you up, your going to find your job today." With that we exited the room and went to go eat breakfast.
----------------------------------------------------------
I started out trying building but I wasn't very good. Then I went to slicing and I skimmed my finger causing me to go to the med-jacks. I guess I wasn't a slicer, and I wasn't a med-jack either. I wanted to move I wanted to actually help.

During lunch I was sitting in between of Newt and Gally with Minho across from us, when I asked them if I could be a runner. And at the same time Newt and Gally said "No" "why, come on I'm not weak I can handle it" "Jo no! It's dangerous" Newt said, I stared at Gally pleading for him to let me.

"Ok, if little Jo can run around the glade in 20 minutes then Minho will take her out to the maze." I stood up and told them to start counting and I took off going towards the nearest wall I could have started out faster but I paced myself so I could keep up the same speed. I was counting the time in my head, I was making great time as I was on the last wall and pushed myself the last little bit. After all my job depended on this run. I got there in 18 minutes and was out of breath but happy.

Minho clapped me on the back "We start at dawn K Mini" he said as he left with a smirk on his face, I know the Mini was a crack at my height but I didn't care. I noticed Gally walking away in a huff but figured that he was just upset that he lost the bet, so I brushed it off.

Newt stayed however and I was grinning now standing in front of him but he wasn't smiling, "Newt what's wrong?" He just rubs his lips, I move closer to him trying to lock eyes with him. When I finally get his eyes to look at me I ask " come on, tell me." "Jo, the maze is dangerous, I don't want you getting hurt, I know you can handle yourself but... I really like you and I don't want you to leave me." I just wrapped my arms around his stomach and he hugged me tight as if I was going to leave him. "Newt I'm not going anywhere."

It's weird, when I came here I was tough and fought back, I was determined not to cry or let anyone help me. But know... I guess I'm the same but the walls I had built up around me were fading. I'm showing people my soft side, I'm just worried if I get hurt along the way. If I let down my walls will I get hurt, can I trust these boys?

No I know I'm safe, at least physically, I know Newt and Gally would protect me if I needed it. But I need to stop opening up so much I still want some control over my emotions and actions.

Well anyway tomorrow I get to be a runner!