twenty questions

I untangle myself from Gally when I notice newt approaching. I don't let go of him immediately but then I do to go and confront Newt. "Look Jo I'm really sorry..." I cut him off before he can continue, I'm still mad at him. "No you look, you said you don't care about me, you called me fake! So just leave me alone. Please."

I say to him, I turn around and head back towards Gally. He's staring at Newt angrily and honestly I didn't expect anything else from him. I grab his hand and we head over to the watch tower, hand in hand.

As we are sitting up in the watch tower I move over and rest my head on his shoulder. "Hey Gally, why is it that you get so angry sometimes?" I ask looking up at him. He lets out a chuckle. "You know it's because I went through the changing." "Oh ya sorry I forgot." I say, " what are they about? And how do they start?" I ask him.

"Jo what is this twenty questions." He says with a smirk "anyways they are... normally about you." "What?" I say staring up at him, I make you angry. "No I mean, you leave me or someone takes you away or someone insults you or you get stuck in the glade." "oh" I say and lean back against Gally.

"Well if it is twenty questions, then what's up with the name Jo, I mean isn't that supposed to be a boys name. We had a glader named Joe before you arrived." I chuckle and nudge his arm. "You're one to talk Mr. Gally, I think that it must be a short name for something, maybe Joanna or joclyne." I reply, he laughs as we look out onto the glade.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The sun was starting to set and Gally and I said our good nights. I'm exhausted as I head into my room. I make sure that Newt isn't in the room before I change into one of his old shirts before I head into bed. I still can't believe what he said to me, that really crossed a line. Shuck I really shouldn't have ran my wrist is killing me. I guess Newt was... no I am not going to think about Newt.

Shuck so many things have happened to me since I got here, how could I have expected any differently though. I'm stuck in a maze with a bunch of boys and grievers. I'm really happy that I met Gally and Newt though. No! Newt called me fake, he doesn't care what I do. He's mad that I don't go and cry to him like a weak person, that I don't completely throw all of my thoughts and secrets at him. But can he blame me? I don't want to get to close in case I get hurt and he just proved that I defiantly got to close.

I sit down on the bed and rub my hands over my face. I can feel tears prickling at the back of my eyes but I don't let them through. I crawl under the covers and go to sleep, all I know is that I don't need Newt I don't need a guy to make me happy. I can protect myself.