Grievers

I was shaking in Newts arms waiting for Gally to finish doing whatever with Alby. After waking up in the box and being attacked by Alby the fear and uncertainty is finally starting to kick in.

I lift up my head and see newt looking down at me eyes full of sympathy. When I ask him "Newt what're grievers?" He just looked at me shocked and then I heard Gally's strong voice behind me "Jo, how do you know about the grievers?!" I turned around out of newts grip, " Alby said he'd "give me to the grievers" what does that mean" like seriously what are grievers?

"Follow me" Gally says, I looks back at Newt and he nods, I walk away with Gally staying a little farther away then normal. I mean Gally's the second person I met and he seems very strong and protective but I, I just don't know. I've heard other gladers saying some stuff about him being ruff and picking fights but I just don't see it. We're at the walls now and I've crossed my arms. Gally just stands there like he's expecting me to do something. "Are you going to come look or are you just going to stand there like a shank?" He says with a slight smirk on his face but when I look in his eyes I see a tint of fear behind them.

Why would he be scared he takes my arm and brings me towards the wall I tense up as the memory of Alby coming back into my mind. I stare at Gally for a second terror on my face and then look through a window in the wall. Gally lets go of my arm a leans against the wall, then through the window I see a slug like creature on mechanical arms walk in front of the window I jump to the side not wanting to see anymore. But me being the genius that I am bump into Gally and start to fall. But he puts his arm around my back and keeps me up.

But I tense up again even though I do t want to and I stare into Gally's eyes, I see pain in his which only bring more fear into mine. He brings me up into a strong hug but I just stand there frozen like a plank. "Hey, it's ok, no one can hurt you, I'm here Jo, I'm here." He whispers into my ear I relax but I still can't bring myself to hug him. Then I look up into his eyes those strong eyes, "Gally are you ok?" He just looks down at the ground. " I don't like grievers a shucking one stung me a little while ago. I got all my memories back but it was painful I still get nightmares." He finally looks at me and I wrap my arms around his waist as he tightens his grip on me we stand together for a while, me trying to comfort him and him just making me feel safe.