Chapter 54

Noah's POV
"I'm worried," Lily sighs as I brought a sleepy Nick into the house.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

I rested Nick onto the couch in the living room. Lily was holding her head in hands as she gave in and sighed. I rubbed her back gently while grabbing a chair to sit next to her.

Her eyes were watery. Her fingers fiddling a lot more than usual. Her breathing had picked up the pace. With that, I didn't hesitate to get her water.

Suddenly the door bell rang. "I'll go get it," I told Lily. She sipped lightly on her glass of water as she sighed even more. Once I got the door, I found Dylan standing right outside the door.

"Hey, man," his eyes bloodshot. Hands trembling and shaking. Hair a raccoon's nest. "Are you alright? Please come in..."

I watched as Dylan stumbled in with quiet whispers of whatever it could've been. He walked straight into the kitchen, and plopped himself into a seat without saying a word. That's when I noticed that he had something in his hand....

Dylan handed the paper over to Lily and I to read...

Dear Mr. Dylan Spaulding,

We would like to inform you of your acceptance at New York University of Filming Arts. We are please with your acceptance and decision of applying to NYUFA.

Your grades are beyond or expectation which is a very delightful thing here at NYUFA. Your academic achievement is appreciated here. We can't wait to have you here next year. Until then, Congratulations.

Sincerely,
New York University of Filming Arts.

Lily and I looked up to him. And in the first time in so long he smiled ear to ear. He cried.

But the crying at like a funeral. Or at a sad movie. Or a child's first goldfish funeral. Or seeing someone you love get hurt. Or seeing your favourite celebrity not win a certain award.

But the crying when you laughed so hard with your friends. Or when you see partner walk down the aisle on your wedding day. Or when you finally see someone from a long period of time. Or when you see your food coming to your table at restaurants.

"Dude, congrats!" I exclaimed.

"I'm so happy for you, Dylan," Lily smiled as well. We all got up and hugged each other.

And I realized my good news.

"Speaking about college...," I mentioned. "I got accepted to NYUFA as well...."

"Roommates.." Dylan struggled a laugh.

"I'm so proud of both of you..." The small crack in her voice had shown off. Lily's eyes trailed to the small stack of mail. She sprinted to the stack of mail.

She threw every mail that didn't matter to her to the side. And suddenly she stopped throwing mail. She teared the letter open as if her life depended on it. Her eyes scanned through the papers quickly. Her eyes lit up brightly.

Lily threw the papers into Dylan's and my hands. She runs all around the living room. She was a child on Christmas Day in 0.5 seconds.

"That paper is lying to me!!" She screamed excitedly. Lily runs in with Nick on her shoulders.

"WE NEED TO CELEBRATE NOW!" Nick exclaimed. His eyes were bright, and his smile was bright, and he was bright. Nick climbed down so he was piggy back riding on Lily.

Dear Lillian Ashford,

We like to inform you of your acceptance at Julliards. We are delighted to have you at our school.