Chapter 2 - "Definitely not Beyoncé"

"This is the literature room where nerds end up being impressed with love poems written by a jobless, middle-aged, horny dude from centuries ago who apparently enjoys sexualizing young women", he said to me in the most sarcastic tone ever. As a literature freak, I was slightly offended, but to my surprise I couldn't deny what he said. 

The guy is straightforward, but I felt like he was being radical for the sake of it. Something about him didn't convince me to look at him as the "bad guy". 

"That was one heck of a description, but yeah...I kinda agree.", I replied trying to blend in with his attitude.  He kept on walking down the hallway as I followed him and at a point, he took a pause and continued, 

"So new kid, how did you even end up here?", he asked me in a more calm tone. 

"Uh, I'm Shane by the way. My father shifted as a new deputy Sherriff , so we had to move here", I replied. 

"Hope he's not another clown who came to replace the one before", he said. I mean, that was rude, but whatever. 

"Umm, can I like know your name? We kinda just bumped into each other but- 

"It's Ace!!", someone screamed from the room to my left. It looked like the chemistry lab. She was a bit obese and gave me good vibes. She had freckles spread across her ipper cheeks and carried a pleasing grin.

"Hey! I'm Mabel! I'm your chaperone's BFF. More like shadow but-", she said. 

"Mabel, everyone knows you keep my shit together but please don't make this more cliché. This is more than enough", interfered Ace as he shoved his hands into his pockets. 

"This? You mean being a chaperone? Kind of suits you though", said Mabel with a giggle. 

I felt like a third-wheel, but they didn't seem like the kind to date. We were talking while leaning onto the glass panels of the chemistry lab behind us. Mabel had a couple of books in her hand and was actually very simple in dressing compared to the rest of the girls out there. They continued their chatter when I decided to interfere, 

"Alright cool! Mabel, I'm Shane. First day, confused, annoyed chaperone, is there more to come?", I asked her sarcastically. 

"Are you kidding me? You clearly have no idea about Preston High", she said while lifting an eyebrow. 

"Ah! Speak of the devil. There they are...Head-girl and quarterback of this shithole.", she said as she shifted her focus towards the adjacent hallway. 

I immediately could recognize the two with the way Mabel described them. No denying, they looked badass as heck. The quarter-back had blue eyes and chestnut kinda hair. He was wearing the varsity jacket and walked in with a real fuckboy attitude. To his left was a tall and cinnamon-skin girl with silky brown straight hair. Me being gay, I found her oddly hot. 

[Genius - Sia ft. labrinth (chorus)]

 labrinth (chorus)]