Chapter 14 - Tricking the devil

(Shane's POV)

Each of our gazes landed on Tressa as she blurted that out.

"What do you mean you can't come Tressa?", I questioned in disbelief.

"Those two bitches won't let me", she said while scraping her thumb-nails together.

"What the...Why?", Mabel replied in an annoyed tone. Ace didn't say anything instead he grabbed Tressa's wrist as he made her stand up.

"Ace? What...what are you doing", Tressa remarked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Look Tressa, I can't keep sitting idle while those dickheads continue to fuck you up. Why wouldn't they let you come? Imma talk to them", Ace replied in seriousness.

"No! Ace! What have I told you guys about this?", Tressa said, now turning her head towards the three of us sitting on the bench.

"Tressa, he's got a point. This camping trip's gonna be wild! We ain't gonna leave you back. And anyways, why are they stopping you?", Noah broke his silence.

"They don't wanna pay for me. I mean, I kept questioning back but they didn't buy it...This is typical, I mean even the last time I had to go with money I had in hand but this time its not enough...I didn't save well", she said while sitting down midway.

"So it's the money...", I asked, dissapointed.

"Yeah I mean even if I do get it arranged, I can't think of a way to get their approval", Tressa replied.

"Okay hold up, if money's the matter why would they mind if you get it arranged?", Mabel asked which actually made sense.

"Hey, you guys over there, it's time to get going! Come on!", Coach Brown shouted from the other end of the court as he walked away.

---------------

It was lunch-break, but neither of us recovered from what happened that morning. It was obvious, we weren't gonna leave Tressa out but something didn't sit right with me. Noah looked doubtful all day along too and Mabel tried her best to get into a conversation with Tressa.

"Something is odd with what Tressa told today y'know", Noah said while zipping his pants up.

"I mean...Is there something we can do? Cause I don't wanna just leave her", I said as we left the washroom.

"Hell no...I have a plan, you up for it?", Noah said while poking his cheek with his tongue.

"Okay?", I answered, feeling doubtful.

----------

(Veah's POV)

"You coming? The camping trip...", Ace asked me as we took a halt on the stairs.

"Duh...Do you know who I am?", I asked trying to sound egoistic.

"Neveah Hunter?", he replied.

"Bitch- the head girl of Preston high", I replied while brushing the strands of hair sitting on my shoulder. I saw him biting his bottom lip trying to dominate the blush shading his cheeks.

"Oh yeah, and I guess you wash your ass with smelted gold?", he replied sarcastically.

"I don't even know why I fell for your skanky ass", I remarked while shoving my phone into my pocket.

"So...Is that little shit gonna be with you the whole trip?", he changed the topic, now sounding more serious. I wanted to boldly confess I'd rather be with him throughout, but it was too soon for the tables to turn.