Chapter 20 - Piece one

(Noah's POV)

Shane grabbed me by my wrist and dragged me up the stairs to his room, leaving Mrs. Walker at the door.

Suddenly, I felt something...

I don't know exactly how to explain it but it felt like a blurry vision accompanied by an echoed  couple of voices. At that moment I was not myself, instead I felt like I was trapped inside a distant memory. Before I could navigate through the vision...

"Noah!", Shane called out to me and I was sat on his bed.

"Uh, yeah?"

"What do you mean yeah?"

"Oh...I...", it was then I came back to my senses and got a hold of myself.

"Shane, you have a lot of explaining to do", I stiffened my posture.

"Which is exactly why I brought you here..."

Once again, I distanced away into that vision and suddenly everything around me went blank. I could hear Shane trying to call me but I lifted my hand and silenced him. His voice faded away.

And that was it...I saw something.

[VISION]

We were sitting on Shane's living room couch parallel to their kitchen and Mrs. Walker was occupied with something over there.

"So, ready for Halloween?", I lean closer to Shane and mutter.

"Hell yeah..I still can't believe it's 28th already"

"Me neither. The party is gonna be wild I guess..."

"Meh...I'm not sure I can fit into the scene with all the jocks."

"Oh come on Shaney...Who gives a shit about them? Ace and the three gals will be there too so it's gonna be epic!", I replied while placing my hand on his thigh.

His face turned pale at that as he swatted my hand away because Mrs. Walker was facing us. Fortunately she didn't notice but it rather pissed me off. The thought of not being able to be affectionate with him just because his parents were homophobic didn't sit right with me.

"Seriously?", I question him.

He furrowed his eyebrows that signalled a "yeah seriously?" look.

That was it. I had enough so I decided to place a quick kiss on his lips, cupping his face with my hands. He pulled away instantly, in utter shock and it was then we realized Mrs. Walker was looking at us. We turned towards one another having no clue about what was going to happen.

I fucked up. That was my biggest weakness, in a fit of rage I end up doing what I want no matter how the other party would be affected by it. That was exactly what happened right now.

I outed my own boyfriend.

"Shane?", Mrs. Walker dropped the utensil in her hand to the sink and stormed towards us.

"Mom...I...I can explain.", Shane stood up trying to ease the situation.

"Well, that you do! What in heavens, did I just see?"

"Mom...", Shane's voice thinned.

"Noah? What were you doing to my son?", she turned her focus to me with a disgusted look on her face.

"Mom, just drop it"

I was silent. I didn't know what to do next, but all I knew was it wasn't going to be good.

The ambience became tense every passing second as I noticed Shane deliberately avoiding eye contact with Susan who was ogling her eyes at him for an explanation.