Chapter 3 - Noah

What was happening to me? I just couldn't take my eyes off of him. I know that sounds typical but I just...

"Shane!!", Ms. Perry called out my name as my attention drained away. 

"Uh, yeah?", I replied 

"I know, at first it feels a bit different and sudden, but I'd really appreciate your attentiveness in class. Alright?', Ms. Perry said to me. 

That was embarrassing especially when I was surrounded by a group of strangers who were looking at me as if they were plotting my death, but I nodded in response. The guy turned around, as he looked at me. It was intense. He turned back, trying to focus on the class.

"Now I need you guys to get into pairs, it's time for a group activity to start off the semester. Come on, come on!", instructed Ms. Perry while clapping her hands. 

I didn't know what to do, it seemed as if Ace and Mabel was already a pair. I didn't know anyone else and definitely didn't want to get into a pair with a low-key stalker who is interested in doing salsa with me during detention. Trust me. I've experienced it. I guess Ms. Perry noticed me trying to fit in with someone. 

"Noah!! Why don't you pair up with Shane yeah?", Ms. Perry said as she said to the exact guy I had my eyes on.

I was like OH MY GOD WHAT? Coincidence over coincidence, things were unusually odd today. I mean that's exactly what I want, to get more close to him, but what if he was a 100% homophobic straight dude? Or a sexy bully like Billy from Stranger things? 

The girl who was sitting next to him had already changed seats, to pair up with somebody else. So the seat next to him was vacant. I couldn't let go of the situation when things were finally falling into place, so I sat down beside him. I could literally feel as if my heart was going to pop out of my chest. I just sat there like a wax statue. 

"So Shane yeah?", He started the conversation, and I just couldn't get my shit together. 

"Umm, yeah...If I'm not wrong, Noah?", I said. I could literally hear my shaky voice. The situation was so nerve-triggering. 

"Yep...So aren't you gonna ask me why no one was willing to get into a pair with me?", he asked me. 

I mean that was actually a good point. Who wouldn't want to pair up with this snack? I mean, good-looking guy. I was clearly head over heels for him and I knew my horny bubble was literally seconds away from bursting cause he is 99% straight, but...I was going crazy. I didn't want to act weird so I continued the conversation. My eyes were glued on to those lips...those goddamn lips...That might've made me look like a pervert but, couldn't help it. 

"Oh yeah? Why though?", I casually responded 

"Look, I don't know how you'll absorb or interpret this...and I don't know why I'm telling this to you but...I'm-", he kept saying when Ms. Perry decided to interfere. 

"Alright, that's enough chatter...So clearly pay attention to what I'm saying. This activity is very intriguing if you genuinely interact with your partner. So here's what you'll do..." Ms. Perry kept on explaining the activity. 

To be honest, although it was a lame activity, it sort of gave me an opportunity kinda thing to dig more deeper into Noah's personality. The activity was basically to discuss the common traits we share and give a 90 second briefing about it in front of the class. God knows why, but I got to know a heck lot about Noah. He loved getting drunk, he was an introvert in school, he is apparently a Drake fan and quite interestingly, he enjoyed swimming. I mean, that sort of means I'll most probably do swimming together with him. But the Drake part gave it away he's straight...I could feel it. So I just decided not to boost my hopes up and rather focus on surviving this semester. I didn't see him after 5th, but it was pretty clear I was still not over him. Nothing interesting happened to me with Mabel and Ace after that.