Chapter 29 - And the tide hits

"So October 31st...It was Zach's party. You might already know.", Ace started off.

"Things were pretty okay at first and then...", Mabel joined in.

"And then what?", I said

[OCTOBER 31ST : ZACH'S PARTY]

(3rd person pov)

Although Halloween was supposed to be a bash for them, things weren't quite well tonight. Noah outed Shane in front of his mom, he was basically third-wheeling Tressa and Ciara, Mabel was mad at him for reporting her and a lot more was about to go down.

Noah entered the party swarmed with sweaty teenagers grooving to a trap beat. His eyes met Shane's but Shane looked away indicating zero interest in talking to him. It hurt him. Harder than ever. He made his way through the entire house searching for his friends, maybe not anymore but all he got in return were empty stares. None of them wanted to approach him. He was basically a fugitive in their eyes.

You know they say a teenager's sweetest relief is intoxication. Noah saw Kyle, Preston High's most competent shrooms dealer. He grabbed him to a side and rolled a few dollars into his fist. Kyle knew exactly what he needed.

"Own risk my guy. Own risk", he slid the packet discreetly into Noah's pocket.

Noah took it all in, inside the bathroom and just mere minutes later the effects started kicking in. The party beats echoed annoyingly inside his ears and he started feeling slightly nauseous. He then noticed Ciara and Mabel leaning to a wall with two drinks in their hands. Out of anything in the world, the last thing Noah would want is someone to date Ciara. Rightfully so.

He approached them.

"Tressa? What are you doing with her?"

"Oh for fucks sake Noah. Don't you have a boyfriend to console?"

"Ciara I swear to god. What's this, another game of yours?", I turned to Ciara. Her face went pale.

"Excuse me?", Tressa interefered.

"Just get away from her please!!", Noah begged.

Now if this was another time Noah would have just left them be. But he was intoxicated. Although he was doing the right thing, the steps that followed up weren't that intelligent to say.

He aggressively pushed both of them apart, sweat dripping down his cheeks. The shrooms were multiplying its effects.

"Alright fuck you!", Tressa threw her cup of cola into Noah's face.

Noah squinted his eyes and wiped it off his face, walking away without doing anything else. It knocked a bit of sense into him but he was far from sober.

While walking to the fridge his legs weakened by the second and he dropped right down by the kitchen counter. He placed his head on the counter, starting to sob like there was no tomorrow. His head was heavy and he was sweating uncontrollably which to be frank was not a pleasant sight. After he settled down he noticed Zach and Veah making out right in front of him.

And just when you thought he wasn't going to do anything more illogical....

"Ace!! ACE!? Get your girlfriend man!!! What is he doing with this bloated piece of shit!! Ace!!!! Ace!?? Where are you?", he shouted.

Veah's eyes widened as Zach stared at her in pure rage. Ace on the other hand was mortified. But he wasn't one to slither out of drama so he approached Zach and Veah, angrily gritting his teeth looking at Noah who was almost passed out by the counter.

"Oh my god Aceyy?? You came....!", he started muttering in an intoxicated voice.

Zach didn't do much because it was a party and there was a lot at stake here.