Chapter 1 - Preston High

Songs for each scene will be in [    ] 

Thoughts are indicated in italics (only in 3rd person's POV)

*****

"Dear lord, thank you for this food and continuous care, may your love rest upon this table and  all who gather here," 

"I ain't waiting anymore...," Shane muttered as he poked the broccoli with his fork. 

"Shane? Aren't you forgetting something?", said Shane's mom. 

"What?" Shane asked as if he had no clue about it. 

"For the love of God, how many times should I remind you to have patience till the prayer ends?", she said while looking at him with a disappointed stare.

"Susan, spare him at least today yeah?" interfered Shane's dad.

"What's so special about today dad?", questioned Shane although he knew exactly what the answer was.

"Uh...You're moving into a new school, new friends and um...maybe new girls?", said his dad with a typical smirk. 

Only if he knew, Shane thought to himself.

"Well, all that is okay, but for the moment it's best if you could focus on your grades yeah?", remarked Susan in a serious tone.

"Hmm, mom wouldn't I be getting better grades if I weren't shifting schools almost every goddamn semester?", Shane asked in annoyance. 

"Language! Did you forget you have a 8 year old sister?", Susan exclaimed as she shifted her eyes to Milly who was too busy entertaining herself on TikTok. 

"Hey! Gary, as far as I remember, you were supposed to delete this crap out of your phone. One thing is for sure, I don't want my kid acting like Nicki Monashe! in front of a screen!", shrieked Susan as she grabbed the phone out of Milly's hands.  

"Nicki.....Minaj....you mean?", asked Gary intentionally avoiding eye contact with Susan. 

"I-", Susan started to say something when Shane interfered, 

"Irresponsible husband, annoyed wife and Gen-z-infected sister...all I wanted to start my day! I'm biking to school. Out of here!!" Shane left the table with a long face. 

"You sure you don't want a ride?", remarked Gary.

"Out of all the things in the world dad, NO!", replied Shane as he shut the door and proceeded to wear his bike-helmet. 

Gary and Susan kept staring at each other with nothing but sheer disappointment. 

17 year old Shane had an out-of-the-world family like any teenager could possibly have. Being a closeted gay teen in a Christian household, Shane was nothing but Simon Spier in real life, except he wasn't sure of that rom-com rollercoaster ending.

Moving town-to-town more often was possibly Shane's most dreaded idea. He was the alienated student in every high-school he studied, and making a single friend was something nearly as impossible as Jessica Davis hanging out with Bryce Walker. 

It was a 15 minute ride, and there he is! Shane got off his bike and parks it in the bike slot. He walks up the jammed stairs leading to the doors of Preston High. Letting out an anxious sigh,  Shane takes a pause right in front of the door. He braces himself as he sees a crowd of students through those glass doors. It isn't anything new for him, but the nerves kicked in. 

{Shane's POV}

[Let's get it started - Black eyed peas] 

Wider hallway, bigger lockers, couldn't be that bad huh? Ugh! Is there a high school where this shit doesn't happen? The blonde girl and jock going at it against the lockers...

Typical! Okay okay this can't be happening...Bald principal? The last one at least had a wig. Yes Mr. Anderson, everyone noticed your wig. Shane!! Stop thinking out so loud! Alright....Focus! 401, 4...0...1..

Oh my fucking god! Who's that? Shane! Act normal, calm your goddamn hormones! Okay why is he looking at me. Wait, is he walking towards me?? I swear to lord, if I get bullied-, by this good-looking, hot, hazel eyed, messy haired, athletic hunk....I....I'd...be honored....

What?? No. Shane, control yourself. Okay he is right in front of me, let me walk away as if I don't see anything, I am not in a mood for this shit. 

"Woah slow down there! You look like a dehydrated Shawn Mendes don't you?", he said to me as he intentionally looked at me from head-to-toe with squinted eyes. Okay is he checking me out? Listens to Shawn Mendes too...Interesting...Okay that's too much Shane. You just met him. What the fuck is wrong with you?

"Umm Hello?? Locker 401? I'm your chaperone....Trust me I'm not interested in guiding a little pimp around this godforsaken high-school...Fucking Reed couldn't help but take a whiff, he kept on blabbering while avoiding eye contact with me

Why is he even telling me this? Is he into me? I mean my gaydar is pretty great but...this is kinda odd. 

"Ok, listen...I know I'm hot and shit. But hate to break it to you...I'm not gay!", he said before I could even answer his previous question.

Did he just read my mind?? What the hell? Is it that obvious? Did he notice me scanning him like a weirdo? I just- 

He wore a beige sweater and bumpers. He couldn't possibly be gay. Cons of being a goddamn virgin. Every guy you see suddenly becomes your probable lover. Ugh, that was so embarassing. I had to do something.

"Umm...I'm locker 401! Show me around yeah?", I distracted him. 

*********************************

Author's note :

Helloooo! Ok if you made it this far, YAY YOU!! This is the first chapter, hope you liked it. Comment and please do vote! Opinions are always welcome. Is he actually gay? Hang on....Things are just getting interesting!

Keep reading and stay safe. Chapter 2 is gonna be up very soon XD,

V&G