Chapter 7 - The Babysitter

"Oh my god! Why are you here already? Wait what?", Tressa exclaimed.

"Okay okay calm down, I have to be questioning you right now. What are you even doing here?", I asked her.

"Duh...I am...I...Okay listen. I am babysitting your sister!", she said while reducing the volume of the TV.

"What the fu..Aren't you like deadass rich?? No offence", I kept questioning her.

"Okay, let's sit down and talk yeah? This is gonna take a while", she insisted.

I mean, I was blown away. Tressa Ramirez babysitting my sister? What was even happening? I calmed my ass down and sat with her on the couch. Milly was in her own world counting her pokemon cards and I was in for some serious shit.

"Okay so, what do you wanna know?", she asked me as if it was nothing serious.

"Um, excuse me? You literally own the goddamn school with your fashion and shit, what are you doing here babysitting my sister? Do you even know how to handle her with all the pneumonia stuff going on?", I kept asking her in one breath.

"Christ, calm your tits! I know everything. Antibiotics, inhalers everything I'm supposed to know. Plus it's for 3 hours? So no biggie", she said in a calm tone.

"Alright, all that is fine but why do you need money? You look like you got your fortune settled to rent a private island for yourself!", I straight up said it.

She kept staring at me. Her expressions turned blunt in a minute. I was guilty, did I even say something inappropriate? She adjusted herself on the couch and looked down. She didn't even face me.

"You okay?", I asked her in a more sensitive approach.

She still didn't answer me. She kept brushing her hands on her jeans and didn't utter a word and after a while she started tearing up but she was trying so hard to hold it back in. I didn't know how to react.

"Look please I'd do anything but don't mention anything that happened now in school. Please...your mom told me you'd be having swim practices and you'll be home by 6.00 so I took this up so I could just leave before you see me. She was gonna be back by 5.30 so there was no hassle. I need the money Shane. I come from a foster family but we aren't perfect in any angle...Like, you wouldn't know how awkward it feels. Just know that I'm in some deep shit right now and I don't wanna lose my reputation in school.", she said while she started sobbing lightly.

"Shit Tressa...I still don't forgive you for making me drink that godforsaken shit in the drama room but come here", I said while trying to give her a hug.

She was staying idle. I guess she didn't expect something like that coming but she hugged me back. The whole situation was so sudden but I guess I made a new friend. Milly was still pretending as if we didn't exist.

"Holy shit I've gotta give Milly her antibiotics...", she said as she got up and reached for the medicine box in the pantry. Someone opened the door.

"Shane? Why are you home so early? There's still half an hour to 6.", mom said as she came in.

"Uh...uh..No, practices ended early", I said trying not to sound as if I was lying.

"Hey Harley! How was your first day? Did she get her antibiotics on time? Did she have dry coughs time to time?", mom kept asking restlessly. Harley? Wow.

"Oh yeah Mrs. Walker, just about to give her the final dose. Don't worry, she used to have mild coughing time to time but it wasn't severe.", Tressa said as she filled a cup of water. The fact that she faked her accent still sends me.