Chapter 18 - Sleepover

(Noah's POV)

"Ciara?", I shrieked which caused Mabel and Shane to turn towards me. I knew that they were going to find it unbelievable so I had to jump in.

"Uh...I know her. From some time ago...", I replied and they couldn't cross question me when Mr. Mendes interfered.

"Kids, this is Ciara Carter and she will be joining us for the new semester...Why don't you introduce yourself to the class?", he said as Ciara shyly walked to the center of the class.

I turned to Shane who was giving an eye-roll and I knew exactly why. I still remember the awkward ice breaker he gave in Ms. Perry's class when he first came.

"Uh, Hi? I'm Ciara...I play basketball and I am a former Choir leader. I also do have a soft corner for science which explains why I'm standing here", she introduced herself trying to play cool and blend in with the rest.

Only if they knew.

"Great! Go sit wherever you want and Mabel over there will be your temporary tutor...", Mr. Mendes pointed to Mabel.

She sat down beside the vacant seat in front of me while purposefully avoiding eye contact with me. I didn't want to stir drama so I just went along with it.

The class was uninteresting as always, almost everyone just passed out while Mr. Mendes did some calculations on the board. Everything including the dusty floor to the web-infested rooves of the classroom felt so familiar but new to me at the same time. I had to figure out what happened to me because at this point, I was moving on without the faintest of memory of the most life-changing event in my life.

-------------------

(Shane's POV)

None of us tried to avoid Noah. All we did was avoid everything that happened the last few days. Because for what we knew, it wouldn't turn out great although he would eventually find it out on his own.

Noah and I scurried down the stairs, leaving school as we put on our bike helmets.

"You good?", I asked him.

"Yep...This comforter in the helmet is really annoying though", he complained.

"Don't even think of removing it...Would you rather bleed to death?", I adviced him.

"Okay, mum. I get it", He remarked sarcastically.

"Fuck off."

He winked at me as we cycled through the narrow roads. My teeth started cluttering as the winter breeze kept intensifying. Light snow started pouring down as we passed by the market road and reached Harvey's.

"Nostalgia?", he asked me as we halted together.

"Kinda..." I said trying not to sound so excited.

"Hey you wanna come over to my house?", he offered out of the blue

"Really?", I reassured because it was the first time he had asked me to.

"Yeah...What do you say?"

"I mean, if your dad is okay with it?"

"Nah, he comes home at around 9.00 and don't worry he doesn't mind...All cool"

"Okay then"

I was excited when I felt my body warming up. The snowing continued as I felt my ears numbing and saw tiny crumbs of snow falling onto my cycle.

We were at his house and we went in. His house was expectedly pleasant, with a neatly done white-pantry kitchen, Mahogany floors and walls that smelt like fresh paint. Though it was not the most luxurious house you could come across, it was cozy and felt like home.