Part Ten

You sighed, sitting up on the bed as you rubbed your face, looking at the time. It had been nearly two weeks since you got back. School had already begun, it was nearly the 7th day and you had yet to step foot in the school. Zach insisted on keeping you home for a little. Tomorrow was going to be your first day. You could hear footsteps outside your door as you immediately tensed up, reaching for your knife laying next to you.

You scrunched your eyes, sitting up as you looked around, seeing yourself still in Jay's house. It felt like a never-ending nightmare. You could hear footsteps outside the room, while you frowned slightly.

"Damn it," Jay walked into the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

You jumped slightly, as he walked over to you.

"Did you let someone escape last night?" he asked softly.

You felt your heart rate increase slightly, shaking your head no.

"What did I tell you about lying to me?" he put his hand on your cheek, as you let out a shaky breath.

"I'm not lying to you," you replied.

His eyes flashed grey while you felt pressure on the back of your head, feeling like someone was repeatedly hitting you. You closed your eyes, clenching your jaw.

Your vision was blurry as you opened them, seeing Jay standing next to you with a knife in his hand.

"What are you..."

"You would've gotten off easier if you told me the truth," you felt the pain from your headache go away, looking up at Jay with tears in your eyes.

"I'm sorry," you whispered.

"It's too late. We can either do this the easy way or the hard way. Your pick."

The door opened, while you held onto your knife tightly, seeing Zach open the door.

"Oh, I thought you were gonna be asleep by now," you slowly put the knife down, shaking your head.

"Can't sleep?" he asked.

You shrugged as he walked to you, sitting on your bed.

"You know when you're ready to talk, I'm here," you nodded softly, while he pressed a small kiss to your forehead.

"You don't have to start school tomorrow, you know," he started.

"It's okay. I want to." your voice was low as he sighed, before nodding.

"Well, try to sleep," you nodded once more, as he stroked your cheek, before leaving your room.

As he walked out, you reached for your knife once more, wrapping your arm around your body as you stayed up, looking at the door.

Every time you slept, you'd only wake up an hour or so later from nightmares. You kept to yourself mainly, you could tell Derek wanted to be there for you, but he respected your space, as well as everyone else did. Zach would check in on you three or four times a night, he kept his eye on you. He still wasn't comfortable with the thought of you going to school but you somehow managed to convince him.

You felt tears come to your eyes before you quickly wiped them away.

---

"Where are you going?" Derek asked while you walked down the stairs.

"Morning walk. I need to get back on schedule," you replied.

You saw him look at Zach, who tensed slightly.