Part Seventeen

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)."

You walked out of the cell, dark bags under your red eyes, you looked like a mess. It had been two weeks since you got arrested, you were finally leaving.

Your chest was aching, you felt a somewhat sense of numbness surrounding you.

You could hear a high-pitched ringing in your ears.

You were slightly surprised, seeing Stefan standing there, waiting for you and not Zach. Maybe it was better, Zach would have given you a long lecture, most likely yell at you.

Not that you were on the best terms with Stefan. The two of you had yet to talk about what happened, the last thing was Dean turning into a vampire, but you needed him, you were desperate.

Stefan stayed quiet, leading you into his car before turning on the heater. You didn't notice you were shivering.

You looked at the clock, it was sometime past 11 PM.

"Zach knows. He's really mad," you nodded your head softly.

"I'm trying to get him to ease off for a bit. How are you?" he asked softly.

"I'm okay," your voice cracked slightly before you cleared your throat.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry."

You both spoke at the same time, earning a small scoff from Stefan.

"I don't know what came over me, you thought he hurt your friends, and-"

"He didn't hurt Emily or Dean. It was someone else. He's your brother, I'm sorry for that," you said softly.

He wrapped his arms around you tightly, while you froze for a second, before hugging him back.

"I'm just happy that you're safe. Come on, we'll get home and hopefully, Zach will give you a break," he started the car, you could see the concerned look on his face from the corner of your eye before he looked at the road, driving off.

---

"Do you have any idea how stupid you were being? Drunk? You're not even 18 yet, (Y/N)..." you zoned in and out of Zach's lecture, your mind was too preoccupied over everything else. One thought that shone above all.

Mom's disappointed in me

The only thing you could think of. Your mother was looking down at you, watching you. You failed at so many things, it would only get worse from here.

"I'm trying to talk to you. Stefan, Laura, Derek. We all try to talk to you, try to understand what's going on in your head, but you never tell any of us anything. Why can't you just..."

You felt your vision blur slightly, a sense of nausea took over you while you put your arms around your stomach gently.

"I'm sorry," your voice was barely above a whisper, but Zach stopped talking, giving you a look.

"You're right, and I'm sorry," you felt tears rush to your eyes before you blinked them away.

"Look," Zach took a seat next to you, putting his hand on your shoulder while your eyes remained on the floor.

"I'm not mad that you got drunk, I'm not mad that you got arrested. You need to talk to us, you need to tell us what's going on. Talking about your feelings doesn't make you weak," you felt a shiver down your spine as you nodded.

Zach stayed quiet for a minute, before sighing.

"You look like crap. Get some rest for the night, okay?" you looked at the clock, seeing it some time past midnight.