Part Thirteen

"So, you two are real-life superheroes? Batman and Robin," Dean looked more excited than scared, sitting across from you and Derek.

"Well, I guess you can put it that way," Derek raised an eyebrow.

"I'm Batman," you said.

"Hey, I'm the werewolf," Derek argued.

"And? I'm the one who saves your ass and has guns and knives."

"I'm older."

"And stupider."

You saw Dean laugh, shaking his head.

"This is great. I mean... you guys help so many people..."

You laid next to Emily, keeping your arms wrapped around her. Everyone else was asleep, Dean and Derek both laid on the floor.

You hadn't talked to Zach, Stefan, Laura, or Damon in six days, instead, the four of you spent every day with each other.

You'd yet to tell Emily about the supernatural.

You looked at the clock, seeing it just past seven in the morning. You slowly got out of the bed, walking out of the room before Derek accompanied you.

"Going for a run?" he asked.

You nodded, walking down the stairs.

"What are we gonna do? We can't avoid everyone forever," he kept his voice down, leaning against the door.

"It's only been 6 days," you replied.

"Still."

"I don't intend on seeing Stefan or Damon for a while," you crossed your arms.

"Zach wants us home. Laura's just worried about us. She doesn't want to force us to come home but she wants to talk to us," Derek said.

"Well, when?" Derek texted Laura, immediately getting a response.

"She wants to meet us at the Grill in 15 minutes," he read the text.

You put on your shoes, nodding.

"Race you there, wolf-boy," Derek rolled his eyes before the two of you ran out of the house.

---

"He feels really bad about it," Laura said softly.

You avoided thinking about what happened with Stefan. You'd never seen him angry like that, especially to the point where he could have hurt you.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do about that," you replied.

"Laura, you said you just wanted to know if we were okay," Derek sighed.

"And this is my way of doing that. Where are you two staying?" Laura asked.

"Emily's house," Derek replied.

"What about schoolwork and studying?" Laura asked.

"Well, we have to go back soon to study for our AP exams in a week," you said.

"Okay, good. Hypothetical, if Damon left, would you come back?" Laura asked.

"No." you shook your head.

"Stefan..."

"I said no. Look, we have to go soon," you raised your voice slightly, getting a look from both Laura and Derek.

"Sorry," you sighed.

"It doesn't matter. Damon's saying that it wasn't him," you scoffed loudly.