Part Twelve

"This is a good idea to you?" you followed Stefan around the house, met with his frustrated groans towards you.

"(Y/N), I don't have time for this," you could feel anxiousness rising in your chest as Stefan walked in front of you.

"Hey," you jumped in front of him, hearing him sigh.

"People don't just change," you said softly.

"I know. Damon's been working hard, he turned his humanity back on. The second he tries something, he's gone," you heard the noise of something breaking as you tensed, immediately taking your gun out of your pocket before rushing upstairs, Stefan following close behind.

"Sorry," Derek muttered.

The two of you walked into his room, met with shards of a broken mirror all over the floor, along with Derek's fist.

"Hey," you put the gun away, reaching for Derek's hand as you pulled him to the hallway.

He remained quiet, while you frowned slightly, removing the shards from his hand as he winced. You watched as he slowly healed before you looked up at him.

"Why'd you punch the mirror?" you asked.

He shrugged, you could feel him holding back as he sighed, looking down at you.

"I need to clean up the glass," he said.

"I got it. You look tired, are you okay?" you took a step closer to him as he backed away.

"I'm tired," he said.

"You can sleep in my room," you suggested.

He nodded, keeping silent before walking to your room.

"What was that about?"

"Maybe the fact that your psycho brother who set him on fire, might I add, is back," you saw Stefan's face drop slightly, clenching his jaw.

"I'll clean this up. Go to sleep," Stefan replied.

You ran your fingers through your hair, nodding softly, before giving him a small smile, walking to your room.

"Hey," Derek was already laying down in your bed.

It wasn't uncommon for one of you two to spend the night in the other's room, whenever something bad happened.

You laid next to him, wrapping your arms around his waist before putting your head on his back.

"Are you okay?" you whispered.

He hesitated, before nodding his head.

"I don't want Damon to live here," his voice was barely audible.

You caressed his back, before nodding softly.

"He won't go anywhere near you if he tries to even look at you the wrong way, he's dead," Derek turned to face you.

You could see the tears in his eyes as you wiped them away, receiving a small nod from him.

He rested his head against your chest while you wrapped your arms around his body, holding onto him tightly.

You could feel him falling asleep before you pressed your lips to his forehead, resting your head on top of his.

---

The two of you got up bright and early the next morning, leaving before you had a chance to talk to Stefan. Zach was currently out of town with Laura, while Stefan stayed home 'watching' the two of you.