Part Fifteen

Your breathing was shaky as you pulled into the driveway of the Salvatore house, Dean's body lying unconscious next to you.

You rested your head on the steering wheel, closing your eyes for a second before running your fingers through your hair. You were was still racing, your arm was stinging from the scratch Dean left on you.

You put your hand on Dean's shoulder, feeling tears rush to your eyes before you clenched your jaw, wiping it away.

Stop being weak

You wrapped your arms around him, pulling him out of the car. You rang the doorbell, struggling to keep your grip on Dean.

"(Y/N)?" Stefan was shocked to see you on the other side of the door.

You tried to take a deep breath, to calm yourself.

"I need your help," his face fell as he nodded, running to you.

He lifted up Dean, frowning.

"What happened?"

"He's a vampire."

---

"I promise you, you'll feel better after you drink this," you took out your knife, making a small cut on your hand before putting your blood in a cup, handing it to Dean.

You watched as he paused, before drinking it. He began to cough loudly,

"What was that? It still hurts," he groaned.

"Just..." you saw his eyes go dark, while you clenched your jaw.

Black veins appeared around his eyes before he let out a shaky breath, falling back onto the bed.

"Dean?"

Stefan sat across from you in the Salvatore House, both of you keeping to yourselves. You could see him glance at you from the corner of your eye. Your leg was bouncing, you bit your nails sighing, before running your fingers through your hair.

He carried Dean to the basement cellar, waiting for him to wake up so you could explain what was happening to him. You told him you gave him your blood, not sure what else to say.

"Do you think I made a mistake?" you broke the silence, while Stefan took a seat next to you.

"You just wanted to save his life," Stefan replied softly.

You nodded before you ran your fingers through your hair.

"Where's everyone else?" you asked.

"Laura and Zach are out, they'll be back tomorrow. Damon left a few days ago, I don't know why."

Your phone began to ring, receiving a call from Derek.

"Hey," you answered the call.

"Where are you?" his voice broke as you frowned.

"I'm... what's wrong?" you asked.

He sniffled, before clearing his throat.

"Em wanted to break up, she... with Dean and all this stuff," your face fell before he laughed softly.

"Well, I can't stay with Dean anymore, Emily probably doesn't want me there either," he said.

"I'm so sorry, Derek-" you started.

"Doesn't matter, it was coming anyway. Where are you?"

"I'm at home..." your voice drifted off, seeing Stefan look up, motioning to the basement as you nodded. Dean was awake.